Role: Engineering Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
Salary/rate: £75, 000 (plus 20% bonus) and other flexible benefits
Working for a large supermarket chain, a unique and brilliant opportunity in Tech to report directly into the Head of Engineering for Retail, Property and HR. As a member of the senior leadership team you will have the ability to influence the culture and direction of the whole engineering family.
As Engineering Manager, you'll use your engineering expertise to lead a multi skilled engineering team. You will be empowered to enable the delivery of solutions to create value, drive efficiency and increase performance for our business. You'll have end-to-end ownership of products, across Change and Run activities, owning the entire stack, including Service Management.
As well as being technically skilled, you'll be able to drive progress and work collaboratively with product owners and the business to influence outcomes. You'll be responsible for recruiting, retaining and motivating your team to deliver end-to-end technical solutions for products.
Key skills, experience & qualifications: -
- You'll be an engineer with a passion for leading and coaching teams of engineers, building a culture to bring out the best in your teams by inspiring them and developing strong relationships
- Someone who likes to roll up their sleeves and has hands on experience of the languages, tools, and infrastructure
- You'll be self-driven and constantly striving to improve your teams, focusing on continuous development
- You'll have substantial experience leading engineering professionals in a DevOps environment or high-tech company
- Record of developing and delivering large scale, distributed or complex scale platforms
- Ability to prioritise and focus to manage multiple deliveries in different areas
- Attention to detail, able to foresee potential pitfalls before they arise
- Ability to manage Capex and Opex lines in the P&L
- £75, 000 basic salary.
- 20% bonus.
- 26 days holiday.
- Special offers on gym memberships, restaurants, holidays, retail vouchers and more
For full details please contact Paul Ellis at Outsource UK (see below)
Outsource UK - Curating Specialist Talent
We're one of the largest independent staffing companies in the UK, focussed on Technology, Change and Engineering talent. For over 30 years we have been taking care of everything for jobseekers and clients alike. We pride ourselves on listening to your needs and working closely with you to find the right role or hire for you.
Outsource - taking care of everything