During these uncertain times, it is vital the food industry continues operating, and as one of the UK's largest food businesses we have a key part to play in this to help continue to feed the nation. Due to our continued growth we have an exciting opportunity for 4 high calibre individuals to join our business working as Engineering Apprentices within the Engineering Team at our Hereford site.
Our apprenticeship program offers you the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience. You will combine college based learning with on-the-job training, where you will work alongside our knowledgeable engineers on plant maintenance and Continuous improvement projects; shaping our future and kick starting your career
What the Engineering Program Entails:
- A 4-year multi-skilled, modern apprenticeship
- Qualification will be Mechatronics Maintenance Technician Level 3 Diploma and an HNC in Mechanical/Electrical engineering
- 3 key stages to the apprenticeship
- Stage 1: Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Stage 2: Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering covering 750 guided learning hours
- Stage 3: Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering covering assessment of competence in the workplace
- Entry requirements onto scheme will be through application and interview
- Minimum qualifications are 5 GCSE's, level 5 or above, including Math's, English and a Science
- Apprenticeship commences in September 2020
We are a leading supplier of chicken, turkey and duck products into an impressive range of customers in the UK retail and food service sectors. We are a fully integrated business controlling the whole product supply chain, which include feed mills, farms, hatcheries and factories with associated transport and logistics functions that employ more than 6000 people
What's in it for you?
We offer permanent contracts from day one, with competitive benefits, paying at least the adult National Living Wage whilst learning
As a valued member of our team you will enjoy a secure, supportive and progressive working environment, where your contribution and achievements will be recognized and rewarded.
Having completed your apprenticeship there are further opportunities to study for an HND/Degree in and engineering subject
All you will need is enthusiasm and the willingness to learn, we will support you with the rest!
If you're ready to work in a dynamic environment alongside talented people who take pride in delivering great results, apply today via the careers website,
If you have any questions, please email
We are committed to being an equal opportunities employer...... click apply for full job details