J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank advises the world's wealthiest families and helps them achieve their desired goals. Our teams of Advisors deliver advice, solutions and services across investments, wealth planning, credit and banking to help clients build, preserve and manage their wealth over time. J.P. Morgan Bank Luxembourg (JPMBL) is the primary entity which is used to provide private banking services to ultra-high net worth (UHNW) and high net worth (HNW) individuals in the EMEA region.
Our team of specialists works seamlessly to help our clients achieve their financial goals and aspirations. We're proud to be named '2019 Best Private Bank for Ultra-High-Net-Worth Clients' by Euromoney : Egypt, France, Greece, Italy, Lebanon, Qatar, Spain, United Arab Emirates and UK.
Securities Based Lending Team (SBL) is Global Wealth Management's solution for underwriting loans that are fully secured by liquid securities. The underwriters' responsibilities are analysing, negotiating, pricing and documenting lines of credit for clients in each of the region's markets. We also review other transactions that have an element of credit risk including derivatives. The SBL Team manage ~70% of the credit facilities across the International platform and aim to turn around new business requests within 48 hours. SBL Analyst will be responsible for underwriting, documentation preparation and on-going oversight of the EMEA SBL credit portfolio.
- Interact with internal stakeholders (not limited to Bankers, Investors, Lending Advisors, Credit Executives) and, on occasion, private clients to deliver the best fully secured credit product solution with a sound credit structure.
- Coordinate with SBL Lender(s) and IPB SBL Leadership Team to drive optimal efficiency and consistent practise.
- Maintain a consistently high level of awareness around any potential credit issues. Proactively resolve exceptions, including under margin situations, past due principal/interest and documentation exceptions.
- Take into account the risk/reward proposition when negotiating loans, ensuring a discipline around loan pricing and structure; understand nuances and local regulations within EMEA.
- Prepare credit proposals in adherence to policy, accurate borrower analysis and a complete market & credit risk assessment.
- Ensure follow up on all relevant open items and transactional issues, e.g. documentation, covenants, annual reviews, etc.
- A Business, Finance, Science or Mathematics degree or qualification & relevant business experience in a similar role.
- Additional language skills would be an asset (particularly Italian/French/Spanish)
- Private Banking, credit risk/lending and process reengineering experience
- Knowledge and experience of underwriting, lending value analysis, derivatives, return on equity assessment, KYC, cross border validation.
- Strong understanding of financial markets and securities industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence.
- Good organizational skills and ability to drive change.
- Ability to work well in an integrated team environment with diverse stakeholders.
- Track record in working with teams from various markets /countries
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
JPMorgan offers an exceptional benefits program and a highly competitive compensation package.
JPMorgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce are directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
About the Team
J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management delivers industry-leading investment management and private banking solutions with client assets of $4 trillion. Asset Management provides individuals, advisors and institutions with strategies and expertise that span the full spectrum of asset classes through our global network of investment professionals. Wealth Management helps individuals, families and foundations take a more intentional approach to their wealth or finances to better define, focus and realize their goals.
Operations teams develop and manage innovative, secure service solutions to meet clients' needs globally. Developing and using the latest technology, teams work to deliver industry-leading capabilities to our clients and customers, making it easy and convenient to do business with the firm. Teams also drive growth by refining technology-driven customer and client experiences that put users first, providing an unparalleled experience.