The company is a pioneer in deploying secure EMV payment and mobile acceptance solutions. We provide payment technology based on a single global platform that transforms customer engagement in banking, retail, hospitality, transportation and other service environments. Helping acquirers, processors, PSPs, ISOs, ISVs, and systems integrators bring innovative solutions to market that scale across all industries, use cases, and geographies.
The company was established in 2008 and historically has been a hardware-led payments business. Subsequently, entered a period of fast international growth; initially in Europe, and particularly in Japan, where longstanding customers include Rakuten, Recruit and NetMove Corporation.
The company has carved out a strong reputation for high-quality hardware whose security is class leading. The company is now at a pivotal stage in its evolution, driving a high-growth strategy based on building on its successful hardware franchise, by investing in software and services.
Main purpose of role
The primary purpose of the role is to drive revenue growth from new and existing clients in support of the companies growth strategy in the EMEA region. The post holder will show strong leadership skills and be responsible for all sales and marketing activity within the region. They will achieve year on year sales growth and build long-term relationships with key strategic partners and expand the companies market share in the EMEA region. They will have a passion for delivering value to our customers.
Success will be based on taking existing and new payment solutions and creating new revenue streams by targeting new parts of the payment landscape ecosystem as well as adding new clients and revenue from the market players.
Core to the role will be new business development. The chosen individual will lead a small team seeking out and winning new customer relationships to drive revenue and margin growth for the business. They will identify business areas of opportunity and will ensure that prospects choose the products when evaluating suitable business opportunities. Key will be responding to formal and informal RFI/RFP’s and ensuring participation from potential customers who are evaluating for mobile solutions and other company products. It is essential that the chosen candidate has experience of developing new partner relationships and developing plans for deployment in conjunction with them.
The companies largest markets in EMEA are currently the UK and Saudi Arabia with a smaller legacy business in South Africa. The business also has aspirations to grow in Continental Europe.
Although you will be based from the global HQ in High Wycombe, the company has a flexible working policy and you will not be required to work from the office every day. You will be able to split your time between working from the office and working from home. Travel to client sites will also be required.
• Fundamentally the role requires a solution sell approach, especially as we are developing new models to address different parts of the payments marketplace
• Manage a small team to deliver results
• Identify collaboration strategies that overcome any barriers to acceptance in delivering new revenues; these could include local distribution partners /logistics etc
• Provide market insight and feedback into the product team to assist with the new product definition to meet the needs of the EMEA market
• Work extensively with key distribution partners to develop business opportunities and secure orders for
• Represent the company in the marketplace meeting with prospective customers and supporting marketing initiatives to build a constantly growing sales pipeline.
• Work with solution consulting resources to build understanding of customer pain points, requirements and potential value that can be delivered
• Deliver a compelling business case to customers detailing the solution benefits, roadmap and reasons to buy immediately
• Serve as a member of the global sales team participating in general sales activities, quarterly meetings, weekly reporting and administration
This role reports to the Global Sales Director. However as that role is currently vacant the post holder will report directly to the Chief Executive.
Key experience, qualifications and skills
• Excellent sales skills including a minimum of 10 years in either direct sales or business development
• A good knowledge of all areas of the payments ecosystem
• A proven new business record in a payments or POS technology business
• Strong ability to mentor, inspire, motivate and develop their team
• Payments hardware and/or experience of Retail and/or customer present solutions for payments
• Understanding of different business cultures within the EMEA region – ideally having worked for a global organisation with a good understanding of managing cultural differences
Looking for a Solution Architect – (Content Management and Digital publishing), to join a bank client of ours on a 6 month contract The candidate will look to provid
Permanent Job Alert: Title: Head of Data & AILocation: London Salary: £100,000 – £160,000Industry: FinTech (Payments)Contact: