Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer - Glasgow
Your ability to recognise electrical risks saves lives. Whether you're delivering a service to one of our local clients, or traveling further afield, you'll be the face of the company, meeting different people with different requirement on a regular basis.
Your ability to identify deviations from the regulations, potential problems, and be honest and impartial is exactly what we need.
We are looking for experienced electricians with the ability to carry out periodic electrical inspections on a wide variety of projects and estates. From retail and hospitality to sports stadiums, Hospitals, Educational facilities and government institutions.
phs are looking for people like you to join our growing business and ensure we keep providing our clients with a market leading service.
A day in the life of an Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer will involve;
· Carrying out Inspecting & Testing on customers electrical installations (EICR's) including Emergency Lighting testing, fire alarm Inspections, Mains analysis, Thermal Imaging and small remedial repairs as required.
· Completing all relevant reports and certification associated with your inspection & testing.
· Ensuring all reports and certification are completed and summited on time.
The ideal candidate for an Electrical Test and Inspection Engineer at phs will have:
· The flexibility to work 40 hours per week, including evening/night shifts to support our customers requirements.
· A full UK Driving Licence, with 6 points or less.
· SVQ level 3 or City & Guilds 2360/2330 part 1 & 2 qualification
· City & Guilds 18 th Edition qualification
· City & Guilds 2391/2394 & 2395
· A good level of IT literacy.
· Experience working in an electrical testing environment
· An understanding of Health and Safety Regulations within the workplace.
In return for your commitment and expertise, you will get:
· Expected yearly earnings of £35k per annum, on average, with top earners earning £40k+.
· Bonuses based on performance.
· Overtime available for additional earning
· Ongoing career development opportunities
· A company vehicle
· Discounts with retailers including o2 and F&B.
· A 24 hour wellbeing helpline
· 28 day holiday allowance.
Phs Group was founded in 1963 and we are the leading provider for Hygiene Services in the UK, Spain and Ireland with over 90,000 customers across 300,000 locations incorporating numerous businesses during its 57 years of business.
Our businesses include: Washrooms, Healthcare, Floorcare, Phs Direct and Direct 365 (sale of consumables), Phs Greenleaf, Teacrate, Besafe, Wastekit and Compliance.
Phs compliance focuses on helping more than 2,000 UK business customers test, install and manage their property infrastructure assets. PHS Compliance self-delivers electrical test and inspection, M&E installation & maintenance & asset verification with over 400 engineers based nationwide. Our technical and quality management standards are second to none, we are one of a few UK Companies accredited to UKAS 17020 inspection body standards for fixed wire and portable
phs, we pride ourselves on our diverse workforce, and ensuring we have an inclusive environment for all our staff. We remain committed to ensuring our teams can bring their true selves to work without risk or fear of discrimination...... click apply for full job details