- Blend of strategy creation & hands-on implementation.
- Opportunity to lead a small team.
- Innovative businesses with strong leadership.
A fantastic opportunity has opened with an already successful retailer in the South-West, who are looking to broaden their product offering and open new categories.
Leading a small team, you will be focused on making sure the website is merchandised correctly, ensuring data accuracy and integrity. In addition, you will source and onboard new suppliers, establishing strong relationships and continually improving the product ranges.
What you'll be doing
The company is in the process of introducing new categories into the business, so your remit will be to take the lead on this. It will involve establishing relationships with suppliers, defining detailed product attributes, and project managing the process through to the launch of new products and brands on the website.
The product catalogue is already extensive, and there is a large amount of data to oversee, so you'll need to have strong organisational skills and meticulous attention to detail. It will be your responsibility to ensure new products are published on time, discontinued lines are removed, and prices are up to date.
A new website is being launched imminently (Magento 2), with integrated merchandising and personalisation technologies covering elements including intelligent site search, category optimisation and product recommendations. Part of your role will be to get the most out of these tools by combining a deep knowledge of the product catalogue with thorough analysis of the data.
What experience you'll need to apply
- Significant product category management or merchandising experience within an eCommerce environment.
- An eagle eye for detail and excellent organisational skills.
- You'll have experience managing and motivating others, and be able to pinpoint individuals' strengths in order to produce results.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to liaise and negotiate
- with a wide range of people at all levels in a personable and confident way.
- Commercially-minded - you will need to understand the impact your role makes on the company's ability to compete online.
- You relish working to targets and are self-motivated to improve your own levels of understanding and contribution.
- You will be numerate and have an aptitude for spreadsheet work, as well as being a self-starter with strong problem-solving and troubleshooting ability.
What you'll get in return for your experience
The salary on offer is very much dependent on experience, as my client can look at candidates at a range of levels, but the package is highly competitive. (Please enquire for more info!)
This is an incredible opportunity but the role needs to be filled quickly, so please get in touch with Rina ASAP to hear further details...... click apply for full job details