Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd
Location Holborn Store Support Centre and Home, Sainsbury’s Supermarkets Ltd 33 Holborn, London, EC1N 2HT
Areas of business Nectar 360 Ltd
Closing date 2024/01/:42:00
Job ID 215017
This is a role for a relationship building and influencing specialist with a proven strategic and commercial background. You are an abstract thinker, with a passion for ecommerce, retail media and understanding customer behaviour. You will be comfortable working with data, and a champion of data within media businesses.
You will drive the enhancement of our GOL media business, responsible for supplier monetisation of ecommerce media across Sainsburys.co.uk. You and your team will develop long-term relationships across senior stakeholders in multiple categories across FMCG businesses.
This role requires the development of strong relationships across Nectar360, the wider Sainsbury’s/Argos business and with external partners. You and your team will develop long-term digital relationships across senior stakeholders in multiple businesses (direct advertisers & agencies) and across a wide array of industries.
You will solve complex business challenges across multiple stakeholders and parts of the wider Sainsbury’s business, while also being accountable to deliver a significant multi-million-pound revenue budget.
Reporting to the Director of Digital Media, the role leads a direct team of 2 and a wider team of 10.
- Lead and develop transformative data-driven thinking and monetisation strategy across GOL Media, to help deliver against our Nectar360 ambition and commercial aspirations.
- Identify opportunity across the broader GOL media portfolio and work in collaboration with relevant stakeholders to introduce new/enhance media capability that are industry leading and resonate brilliantly with clients.
- Deliver a proposition that ensures that we continue to grow a profitable asset without negatively impacting customer journeys. Incorporating and launching new Nectar360 innovation into client plans.
- Train and upskill Nectar360 colleagues on GOL Media. Educate the wider business on the application and benefits of this media capability providing knowledge and training as applicable.
- You will work closely with your line manager (Director of Digital Media) and peers (Offsite Media & Trading Director and Argos Insights & Media Director) and wider stakeholders in Sainsbury’s Product and Technology to input into our AdTech strategy ensuring we can deliver our digital growth aspirations.
- Working with the Offsite Media & Trading Director & Business Development Director you will input into the roadmap to deliver change to our current Digital media model, to stay ahead of the competition and support our ambition of ‘winning in digital’.
- Deliver a proposition that ensures that we continue to grow a profitable asset, whilst providing greater relevance, personalisation, and value for customers.
- Be part of the Digital leadership team within Nectar360 that engages and influences clients & agencies as appropriate, their leadership teams and other senior stakeholders to gain business support for joint plans.
- Through your team, train and upskill Nectar360 colleagues on our Digital offering. Educate the wider business on the application and benefits of our capabilities, providing knowledge and training as applicable.
- Accountable for delivering and growing revenue from our FMCG Ecommerce clients.
- Long term planning focused on commercial growth, continuously evolving, and seeking to grow your revenue target, identifying opportunity and risks, and directing your team to execute against the plan.
- Prioritise business requests and lead a team of 10 to deliver upon your commercial strategy and business plan.
- Build a strong and collaborative way of working with peers across Nectar360’s team & senior leadership team and the wider Sainsbury’s/Argos stakeholders, to positively develop the Nectar360 business.
- Build a strong and collaborative working relationship with senior level external contacts across key FMCG clients to embed Nectar360 as a leader within the retail media space.
- Use these strong relationships and your highly specialised knowledge to influence and inspire commitment and investment from our clients into our retail media offering.
- Be a Brand Ambassador for Nectar360 – excellent communication skills at all levels, with the ability to articulate the benefits and USP of all Nectar360 services at senior levels and in broader forums including speaking at industry events, and across the Sainsbury’s business.
- Lead the team in a fair and ethical way, and with integrity. This includes performance management, coaching, and clear goal setting.
- Lead, develop and maintain a challenging, motivating, and supportive team environment, in which all colleagues can achieve their responsibilities and play to their strengths.
- Ability to matrix manage across team functions to deliver on client objectives and revenue targets.
- Oversee and govern the workload/project management of our GOL business deliverables to ensure that the priorities of the business are achieved.
What we would like to see:
- A clear expert in digital, data-driven marketing, insights, and sales, this is a role for a strong commercial leader capable of implementing significant change both internally and externally.
- Extensive experience in managing a large (£multi million) portfolio of clients, with a proven track record of delivering financial targets/budgets, preferably within the Ecommerce FMCG space, and the ability to pivot approach as needed to ensure commercial targets are met.
- A pro-active champion our Digital proposition within the business and wider market – you are someone who wants to and has a history of delivering change.
- Motivational, coaching style leadership, inspiring team to deliver performance edge every day against assigned business objectives.
- Strong analytical, interpersonal, and influencing skills, together with independence of thought and the ability to work independently to balance client and business benefits.
- Understanding of how your role and team fits into the bigger Sainsbury’s business picture and the interdependencies.
- Enthusiastic about developing your career and being hands-on in growing an exciting part of the business.