eCommerce Fulfilment (Carrier/Transport) Assistant
Our client, an industry recognised and global retailer, is looking to recruit a hands-on, hardworking, solution driven eCommerce Fulfilment (Carrier/Transport) Assistant to work within their expanding Fulfilment team.
A crucial role, where you will oversee the final mile of the ecommerce customer journey, from the warehouse to the customer door! You will work closely with the Fulfilment team, the wider eCommerce department, the 3PL warehouse and our carrier (courier) partners. You will ensure that the highest levels of service are provided to our client's customers.
Duties of the eCommerce Fulfilment (Carrier/Transport) Assistant are as follows:
- Acting as a SME within eCommerce for all things delivery and carrier related
- Owning the carrier relationships for given carriers
- Owning carrier performance and contract management for given carriers
- Managing and working closely with our carrier partners daily. Planning daily trailers to ensure sufficient capacity for outbound deliveries
- Tenders, integrations and onboarding new carriers
- Carrier forecasting and financial planning
- Holding monthly carrier meetings to review carrier performance in line with all SLAs
- Resolving any carrier related operational queries raised by the carriers, the warehouse or customer services
- Working closely with the eCommerce retail team to ensure all products are set up to route with the correct carrier.
- Producing accurate and actionable data based on real time performance
- Ensuring daily and weekly performance data is analysed and that reporting deadlines are met to maintain high levels of customer experience
- Delivering authoritative analysis and problem solving, defining clear root cause analysis and resolution pathways
- Playing an active role in the continuous improvement of your area
- Assisting with any other reasonable requests made by your direct leader
The successful eCommerce Fulfilment (Carrier/Transport) Assistant will possess:
- Educated to degree level would be desirable
- Educated to A-Levels, equivalent or above essential
- Recent or current transport/carriage/logistics, eCommerce fulfilment or operations experience
- Ability to manage day-to-day operational planning and analysis while maintaining strong relationships with suppliers and colleagues alike
- Confidence to manage and challenge carrier performance
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong written and spoken communication skills
- A creative flair, with the ability to openly suggest new ideas
- Proactive and highly motivated team player
- Must be detail orientated, deadline driven and able to multi-task with exceptional organization and time management skills
At Inplace Recruitment we believe it is people that make the business succeed, the right people, expertly placed in the correct positions. We offer a thorough, professional service that is evidenced by our placement success rate.
Due to the response to this position, please assume that you have been unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 7 days of your submitted application...... click apply for full job details