This is about analysing how well our online store performs, and using this knowledge to improve the way we do things.
You'll need to understand our customers, and really get to grips with how data can help every part of our business. It'll see you come up with new and innovative ideas, and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. And we're giving customers even more ways to shop at Aldi with our online store.
We are currently based in Tamworth whilst our Head Office in Atherstone gets a makeover, but the plan is to move back once the building is fully geared up to cope with our growth.
Working as part of the eCommerce team, you will identify, design and deliver improvements to the fulfilment operation of Aldi's new Click & Collect service, with the autonomy to shape the operation across the entire UK business as it grows. The role is dynamic and will evolve as the project develops.
The role will initially be undertaken primarily from home before eventually moving to our office in Tamworth.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• Analysing metrics and BI to identify key areas of opportunity to improve and optimise the operation
• Working with our BI & Reporting lead to identify any additional reporting requirements to help inform decision-making
• Visiting stores to understand the reality of the current Click & Collect process
• Engaging with key stakeholders and SMEs across the business, as well as third parties to design and deliver improvements
• Liaising with existing third party software platform providers to realise efficiency savings and improve the user experience
• Researching new technologies and assessing their suitability to enhance the operation, seeking to minimise cost and optimise efficiency, whilst balancing the need to retain an exceptional service for the customer
• Producing business cases to generate the required levels of support and engagement across the department and wider business
• Working closely with our Current Operations lead to implement change and monitor uptake
• Supporting initial project trial planning and implementation during rollout
• A Level Grade C or above or equivalent
• Extensive experience in eCommerce fulfilment
• Leading continuous improvement initiatives, with a particular focus on process and technology and a track record of improving the bottom line
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
• Strong written and verbal communication, with the ability to influence key stakeholders
• Data driven and detail-focused, with the ability to identify root causes and trends from existing reporting
• Strong ability to prioritise and always meet deadlines
• Degree educated or equivalent, experience in a project environment, with an understanding of Agile and experience in grocery retail is desirable
• Managing relationships with third party suppliers and certification in continuous improvement e.g...... click apply for full job details