As a business, Hermes is driven by our four values of Do the right thing, Dare to be different, Strive for more and Be customer obsessed. We run our business by these values and they are reflected in all of our roles, particularly within the Divisional Contractor Manager role.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting into the Head of Contractors this role is responsible for sourcing, selecting and implementing Contractor solutions across the delivery Network. Working with the Delivery Planning Team, Field Team and Depot Network to identify the need to supply solutions. The Divisional Contractor Manager will ensure that Contractors are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service and cost criteria. This will be achieved through regular communication and service reviews with Contractors to enforce clear accountability of performance and achievement of CPU management. The role is Divisional, so will therefore cover the following regions - Dundee, Edinburgh, Airdrie, Carlisle, Tyneside and Belfast.
You will be accountable for:
- Sourcing, selecting and implementing contractors across the delivery Network whilst ensuring the contractual, legal and procurement processes are followed and developed, working in collaboration with the Procurement Team.
- Creating a standard where Contractor Solutions are managed, planned and controlled to achieve the agreed service and cost criteria to our final Customers. This will be achieved through conducting periodical service reviews with Contractors to ensure service and compliance targets are achieved and maintained.
- Holding overall responsibility to achieve Contractor Divisional service and compliance targets including Speed of Service, Standard, Next Day, Next Dir, Collections and C2c, Claims/Enquiries, ETA and CSAT
- Holding monthly service credit and claims meetings with Contractors and ensure this is passed to the Finance Team to ensure full process follow through
- Leading regular Financial review meetings with Contractors to ensure all Pay Rate Groups are in line and any opportunities are maximised
- Working with the Delivery Planning Team, Field Team and Depot Network to identify the need to supply solutions and to ensure management controls both in Depot and Field to ensure continual reviews of where the contractor solution operates. Responsible for all aspects of Contractor Pay and negotiation to ensure they are fair, consistent and cost effective for the company
- Working in collaboration with the Contractor Support Managers, ensuring that new Contractors are implemented, onboarded and trained to the required levels and in line with the onboarding framework to ensure optimum performance levels
- Continual review and analysis of reporting to identify service and compliance performance improvement opportunities, including identification of underperformance as the Contractor Manager will set out improvement plans for each of the identified contractors and review on a weekly basis to ensure incremental improvement to the desired service level within a 4-week time frame
- Maintenance of individual Contractor records including contingency solutions for implementation to replace rounds that fail to improve or a full solution where a Contractor is unable to improve service to the required standards
- Responsible for all peak planning within the Division, ensuring appropriate planning, flexibility and capacity for volume growth are taken into consideration, ensuring that risks are mitigated through detailed plans that deliver compliance, service and cost control
- Utilising Business & Management Intelligence to identify potential operational risks and develop a plan to mitigate and stabilise performance where required to ensure a positive customer experience
- To continually assess and develop the Divisional Contractor model and makeup, to ensure it meets our client and end customer demands
- Attend and partake in daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cyclical activities within the Contractor Function including; daily EOD report, weekly service calls with the Assistant Head of Contractors, service updates, monthly service reviews, weekly depot visits to influence compliance improvements, monthly Contractor Team meetings to present on regional performance YTD and actions and any other activities as required
We can offer you a competitive salary up to £47,500pa, a company car, company bonuses and 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays. We will contribute 3% into your pension, give you peace of mind through life assurance and provide income protection cover. On top of this, we offer a great range of flexible benefits that aim to provide something for everyone, so whether you want a discount with a retailer, insurance for your new gadget, or a cash back health care scheme that can include an online GP service, we're sure we've got something for you.
"To all recruitment agencies: Hermes does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Hermes employees or any other organisation location. Hermes is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes...... click apply for full job details