We are now recruiting for a Distribution Centre Cleaner to join our Engineering and Facilities Team based at our purpose built one million sq. ft. distribution centre in Amesbury, Wiltshire.
The site supports our plans to increase our store portfolio from 530 to 900 stores.
At a total investment of over £125 million, the site is one of the most advanced and highly automated distribution centres in the UK and runs 24/7.
The current shift available is 2pm - 10pm working any 5 days from 7, which will include weekends.
The suitable candidate will be confident and reliable with a hands on approach to work and will enjoy general cleaning duties.Job Description
- £10.33 per hour
- Late shift - working 2pm - 10pm
- 5.6 weeks paid holiday per year including bank and public holiday allowance rising to 6.6 weeks upon 5 years' service
- Contributable Company pension scheme
- 10% store discount
- Subsidised canteen
- Free car parking
- PPE provided
- Access to social and sporting events
- Be a Company ambassador, creating a welcoming atmosphere for colleagues and customers
- Complete general warehouse cleaning duties including: using Hako and Nilfisk floor scrubbing machines cleaning the warehouse ground floor and mezzanine levels working at height occasional heavy lifting
- Lead by example and support and motivate team members Work towards achievement of targets
- Follow instruction and adhere to health and safety procedures
- Proactive, flexible and adaptable
- Open-minded and willing to take on new challenges
- Hardworking and reliable
- Friendly - must be welcoming, supportive and appropriately responsive
- Able to work to targets
- Able to work well under pressure and to tight timeframes
- Previous experience is not essential as full training will be provided although experience in industrial cleaning is preferable
For applications to be considered, applicants are required to have a complete and up-to-date Home Bargains Careers Centre profile and to respond to the job application questionnaire when prompted.
Applicants that are invited to attend a face-to-face interview must present original documentation demonstrating their eligibility to work in the UK, along with other specified documents.
Please note, as we expect to receive a high volume of applications for this vacancy, you are advised to submit your fully completed application at the earliest opportunity, as the closing date may be brought forward.About The Company
TJ Morris Limited trading as Home Bargains is a privately owned family run discount retailer selling top brands at the lowest possible price on the UK high street.
Having started more than 40 years ago in Liverpool our customers continue to be at the heart of everything we do and throughout our 530 stores we have over 4.5 million customers each week.
With plans to increase our store portfolio to 900 stores throughout the UK we are a fast-paced retailer opening 50 stores a year (nearly one every weekend) - and we wouldn't have it any other way!..... click apply for full job details