Group M Worldwide Inc.
DIRECTOR , COMMERCE DATA INTEGRATION LEAD – MIndshare
This role is designed to lead the integration of commerce data and commerce partnerships into our data warehousing activities to support advanced analytics & reporting solutions for our global agency network Mindshare . This is a pivotal role on the team, designed to grow our capabilities in reporting, insights and measurement in commerce & retail media .
The Mindshare Director, Commerce Data Integration Lead role will work closely with the GroupM Nexus Commerce team . The GroupM Nexus team is a highly skilled performance marketers who drive measurable business growth for iconic brands across GroupM agencies. Our Commerce capability is comprised of Strategy, Activation, Creative, and Data & Technology, working as an interconnected unit and living on the cutting edge of modern marketing . Through proprietary tools, partnerships, processes and training, GroupM Commerce delivers industry leading Commerce solutions to our clients with global scale, local nuance, and effectiveness.
The Director , Commerce Data Integration Lead will utilize their experience to procure data from external partners to fuel our delivery of insights-based analysis , reports, and optimization s for client commerce media activations across markets . You will develop and lead relationships with key retail, commerce and media platform partners, and work with our Grou p M Nexus C ommerce team to identify and unlock relevant data sets to advance the sophistication of our reporting, insights , measurement & analytics capability .
This role will work closely with commerce leads , data analysts and data engineers to lead the integration of retail data into existing & new agency solutions. The role will require an understanding of different data types that can be used to fuel insights into consumer behaviors /trends as well as the performance of media and marketing investment. A deep understanding of audience, sales, promotion, media, and marketing data is required to ensure the business can derive actionable insights from the commerce warehouse is required. The successful candidate should have detailed knowledge of advanced analytics techniques such as MMM/MROI and media sufficiency to help complement media investment strategies. Outside of detailed data and analytics understanding, to candidate should also demonstrate the ability to create partnerships with 3 rd party vendors to drive detailed data agreements and transactions to feed the commerce warehouse. An entrepreneurial spirit with a bias for action and problem-solving is necessary to be successful in this role.
- Lead the continued enhancement of our commerce reporting, insights, measurement & analytics capabilities to a best-in-class level through Data Integration .
- Understanding of advance analytics modelling and techniques to optimize consumer engagement and media investment
- Detailed understanding of measurement frameworks
- Develop & lead relationships with external retail, media and data partners to unlock the right data and set-up optimal processes for integration into agency data infrastructure
- Support the design of reporting solutions and business intelligence platforms by identifying opportunities for integration of media, client, and retail data sets: market share, digital shelf, retail s earch, programmatic commerce, and more.
- Understand media and data contract design and implementation
- Understanding of API’s and data engineering to support the successful delivery of data warehousing activities
- Stay informed on latest industry trends/innovations to uncover new data opportunities and drive new initiatives that contribute to product enhancements in line with client needs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams across markets to support product development in commerce
- B achelor’s degree in data science, statistics, computer science, or a related field .
- Substantial experience of hands-on experience using analytics to drive business/marketing results. High preference towards delivering insights for a large retail er , CPG, or ecommerce business.
- Understanding of business tools for analytics (Vendor Central, Brand Analytics, Marketing Cloud ) and syndicated data providers (IRI, Nielsen, NPD).
- Understanding of retail commercial elements and financial concepts, such as profit margin, inventory levels, forecas ting, and demand planning to inform media decisions.
- Experience with additional retail media platforms and data offerings a plus.
- Advanced skills with all Microsoft Office applications for the creation of reports, presentations , and analyses including advanced Excel functions and formulas, pivot tables, Power Pivot, and Power Query .
- Experience with data visualization and modeling tools such as Power BI , Tableau , Python, R, and SQL.
- Understanding of relational data models
- Experience synthesizing disparate data sources to drive to logical, concise , and actionable conclusions .
- Strong verbal and written communications skills at all levels; ability to communicate technical information to both technical and non-technical audiences .
- A self-starter attitude that thrives in a fast-paced environment .
About GroupM :
At GroupM, we are Open, Optimistic , and Extraordinary.
- Open . We cultivate trust by taking ownership and accountability, and we empathetically and intelligently balance people and client experience in everything we do.
- Optimistic . We mobilize the enterprise, driving our vision forward, and we champion growth and career development so we can all thrive.
- Extraordinary . We harness our shared capabilities to inspire transformational creativity, and lead collectively to deliver a seamless client and colleague experience.
Mindshare is one of GroupM ‘s media agency businesses where GroupM is WPP’s media investment group and the world’s leading media investment company with a mission to shape the next era of media where advertising works better for people.
GroupM is responsible for more than $60 billion in annual media investment, as measured by the independent research bureau COMvergence. Through its global agencies Mindshare, Wavemaker, EssenceMediacom, and mSix&Partners, and cross-channel performance (GroupM Nexus), data (Choreograph), entertainment (GroupM Motion Entertainment) and investment solutions, GroupM leverages a unique combination of global scale, expertise, and innovation to generate sustained value for clients wherever they do business. Discover more at .