Mastercard International Incorporated
Director Business Development, Advisors page is loaded Director Business Development, Advisors Apply locations London, England (Angel Lane) time type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id R-208377
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Title and Summary
Director Business Development, AdvisorsOverview:
Mastercard Advisors, the professional services arm of Mastercard’s Data & Services organization, provides payments-focused consulting services to financial institutions and merchants worldwide. With its unique category expertise, deep understanding of customer needs and successful track record in addressing complex challenges throughout the payment’s lifecycle, Mastercard Advisors addresses the challenges and opportunities of its clients, enhances Mastercard’s strategic and tactical performance and establishes Mastercard’s global thought-leadership pre-eminence.
Are you motivated by developing new insights into issues and developing recommendations that add real value to clients?
Can you develop strategies and programs for regional and global clients?
Do you want to play a key role in driving a world beyond cash?
The Director Business Development, is an active team member who contributes to achieving sales targets and generating and closing opportunities with Mastercard’s clients. While the individual is not expected to be a subject matter expert in the payments industry, he/she will demonstrate consultative sales management experience, problem-solving skills, and the ability to manage the day-to-day relationship with clients.
The candidate should be able to, from a sales & relationship perspective:
• Engage in effective working relationships with internal and external clients
• Capture clients’ implicit business needs in addition to articulated requests and identifying the most critical aspects of the problem to be solved
• Support and lead (where required) formal and informal pitches, from “storyboarding” through the face-to-face presentation, and create concise, persuasive written materials tailored to the “level” of the audience
• Effectively manage a pipeline of proposals from early lead stages through to signature
• Proactively seek new knowledge and skills and facilitate the development of intellectual capital
The candidate should be able to, from a project perspective:
• Coach and provide feedback to the team members
• Support the project team in:
o Problem-solving efforts and structuring project work plan
o Formulating, articulating, and prioritizing project activities
o Creating and delivering concise, persuasive, and compelling presentations
o Overseeing the accuracy, quality, and timeliness of analyses
o Developing conclusions and recommendations
• Undergraduate degree required
• Strong commercial acumen
• Strong relationship management skills
• Work experience in management consulting preferred
• Ability to work on a team or independently, and to influence and build consensus
• Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.