About Hiscox UK
Hiscox UK is a leading brand in the insurance market, recognised as setting the standards others try to emulate. We consistently deliver strong growth and exceptional returns, recruiting only the very best and empowering them to deliver. We are known for insuring the homes of the rich and famous through to the most innovative technology companies. Our customers are diverse and unique and are only united by our ability to provide specialist insurance tailored to their needs.
Hiscox has an established reputation underwriting professional indemnity, cyber and property and casualty business in addition to other core products such as management liability. We have grown a substantial book of business to date.
You will responsible for driving the profitable growth of a panel of brokers within Yorkshire, Humber & North East by engaging them panel both in person and virtually. You will deliver complex underwriting solutions for their Clients and be the face of Hiscox for your panel.
You will join an established team with the remit of developing and underwriting larger and more complex business within the Hiscox Retail portfolio.
What you'll be doing:
We want to work with an energetic and driven person with a broad knowledge of the Yorkshire insurance market and either professional indemnity or property casualty insurance. This role will offer a fantastic platform for someone looking for their next role to progress their career to a Senior Underwriter position.
- Being recognised as an experienced underwriter within your region by your brokers by dealing with new business quotes and key renewals
- Account managing a panel of brokers through joint business planning and delivering mutual objectives.
- Developing close, effective relationships with brokers to develop new opportunities across open market business and schemes to contribute to your personal and your Broker Panel new business target
- Underwriting larger, more complex cases consistently and profitably
- Leading and setting and execution of the local underwriting strategy for your specialist area in conjunction with the Branch Manager and Regional Underwriting Manager
- Influencing underwriting management to support your Panel Brokers on the right business
- Conducting underwriting and sales visits to clients, Panel Brokers and prospects
- Ensure that the target retention rate for your Broker Panel is achieved, handling some cases yourself
- Increasing submission & conversion numbers through large client prospecting
- Knowledge of the professional indemnity or property/casualty insurance market
- Experience of managing a Broker Panel and business planning
- Knowledge of the insurance market, industry, competitors, Brokers and factors that can affect the market including soft/hard markets
- Ideally DIP qualified or exempt through relevant experience as defined by the FCA
- Excellent relationship management and sales skills
- Experience of underwriting and sales visits to brokers, clients and prospects
- Acts as the referral point for larger more complex cases
Diversity and flexible working at Hiscox
At Hiscox we care about our people. We hire the best people for the job and we're committed to diversity and creating a truly inclusive culture, which we believe drives success. We also understand that working life doesn't always have to be 'nine to five' and we support flexible working wherever we can. No promises, but please chat to our resourcing team about the flexibility we could offer for this role.