My client is a large bank in London. They have an urgent role for a hybrid Developer/IT Support professional to fill a Permanent vacancy paying up to £50K + Benefits.
Purpose of Role:
The jobholder will be responsible for various Software Development and IT Support. This includes the design and implementation of preventative maintenance for all IT hardware & software, and the provision of effective problem solving and support. Additionally the jobholder will stand in for the IT Manager and IT Project Manager to ensure effective job cover is in place for all tasks.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Carry out administration tasks in core banking system various modules including Retail Banking including Debit Card processing and Mobile Banking
- Develop and support in-house automation processes and management reports via the use of Powerbuilder or VB.net and the use of SQL.
- Test and document core banking changes and in-house developments
- Provide effective day-to-day operational support for the Bank's IT and communications systems (user and infrastructure level).
- Act as systems administrator for applicable systems (iMal, Active Directory, Exchange, Hyper-V virtualisation).
- Ensure minimum systems downtime and effective performance, in line with the Bank's and users' requirements.
- Examine "Daily Checklist", inclusive of backups, all system interfaces, server hardware and logs.
- Assist by identifying IT systems issues or improvement opportunities and scope for potential solutions.
- Maintain the hardware/software functionalities of the Disaster Recovery Site.
- Assist in quarterly audits of User access levels.
- Liaise with suppliers on any software/hardware issues as and when they arise to drive an effective resolution.
- Involvement in IT projects, including system implementations, upgrades, and improvement initiatives.
- Understudy to existing senior resources.
- Facilitate monthly patching regiment of computer and network equipment (include testing of the latest OS updates and hardware patches prior to Production deployment)...... click apply for full job details