SIS has been a leading supplier of betting services to UK and international betting companies for over 30 years. Recently we successfully launched an innovative esports betting product. Due to the rapid expansion of this new initiative the new role of Deputy Operations Manager has been created.
This role will be responsible for a challenging and diverse range of tasks supporting the smooth running of the day to day operation, and to ensure the best quality product is broadcast to the end customer.
This is an exciting opportunity to get involved at the ground level of an enterprise demonstrating exponential growth with further significant development planned over the next 18 months. The Deputy Operations Manager will report into the Operations Manager and will be responsible for delivering esports tournaments and improving operations by working with stakeholders across the business, including Production, Marketing and Product.
The successful candidate will have knowledge and experience of organising and managing end to end tournaments, events and broadcasts both offline and online. A key element of the role will be the management of players, referees and casters.
Operating in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this role will demand flexibility and creativity, together with a pragmatic, hands-on approach to delivery. You must be motivated by the challenge of managing a team of talented operational staff to successfully deliver and build a culture of continuous improvement, whilst having fun and celebrating success.
Reporting Lines and Key Relationships
The role reports to the Competitive Gaming Operations Managers.
It has line management responsibility for events and tournament teams which includes amongst others, gamers, casters, referees at a minimum. The role will work closely with the Trading, Product and Broadcast functions of the business on a day to day basis. As such a high level of interpersonal skills will be very advantageous.
Location: Milton Keynes is the main operational centre however there will be a requirement to also work from our base in Manchester when business needs dictate. Reasonable business travel expenses will be covered.
We run a 24/7 operation meaning there will be overnight shifts and weekend working.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
Talent & Player Management
- Management of players, referees, casters, game and technical leads when needed
- Ensuring adherence to all Prizing & Incentive processes
- Ensuring adherence to Integrity standards, including undertaking training and monitoring and educating and training the events teams as required
- GDPR (Data Protection) Compliance including undertaking training and monitoring
- Ensuring adherence, monitoring and regular review of the competition rulebooks.
- Enforcement of applicable integrity rules & processes between gamers, trading and in software if relevant
- Instil & leverage ESIC best practices for event & player integrity
- Execute competitions in a timely and cost-efficient manner
- Management of event schedules in consultation with CG Operations
- Endure compliance of events to competition format to meet SIS competitive requirements
- Event production: producing events as specified by line manager, in collaboration with Broadcast team
- Flexibility to develop and understand (and cover if required) the key skills required to run an efficient operation. Training will be given where required
Skills and Experience
- Proven & Reliable events operator
- Proven experience of working with gamers, casters and referees
- Expertise in esports tournament organising, including format and schedule creation
- Good knowledge of the video game industry and trends
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrable teamwork skills
- Capability to work collaboratively with multi-disciplined teams, in a variety of locations, involved in the end-to-end project lifecycle
- Ability to prioritise and manage workload efficiently
- Results driven with a focus on the key inputs to deliver the desired results
- Knowledge of Betting Industry (both Digital and Retail preferred)
- Communicate with internal and external clients to develop and ensure a smooth delivery of services to the customer, as well as ensuring effective communication to clients & operations teams on on-air issues.
- Provide a best in class level of customer service in terms of delivery and support to both internal and external customers.
- Comprehends the importance of changing technology trends to the media and entertainment business and can discuss this with the customer in a productive fashion.
- Supporting the Operations Managers as operational liaison with all other departments within the company, especially Trading Operations, Finance, Technology Operations, and Product Proposition.
- Lead, motivate and inspire a team
- Instil a culture of individual accountability and ownership within the team.