Department Manager - nights (engineering) - Flaxby (near Harrogate)About The Role Our Department Managers know how to work at pace and regardless of which department they work in they all have the same goal - to deliver great food to our customers. As Department Manager - Engineering, it's your job to ensure the Engineering team are meeting the demands of our busy factory's and minimising downtime on machinery. It's fast and ever-changing - are you up for the challenge? Reporting into the Site Engineering Manager you would also be responsible for:
- Plan & prioritise work to minimise machinery downtime & ensure maximum use of resources.
- Lead and support the Morrisons asset care programme and demonstrate its behaviours and have a hands on approach to repair and optimise the reliability of all equipment assets.
- Co-ordinate maintenance priorities with the Maintenance team and ensure this is planned in advance to avoid production disruption and working closely with the site production team.
- Undertake Crisis Incident Management, Accident and Near Miss investigations and ensure standards of discipline are maintained, handling infringements in line with company discipline & grievance procedures.
- Ensuring the reliability of all equipment assets.
About our Flaxby site:
At our Flaxby site, close to Harrogate, Knaresborough and York, 190 of our colleagues pack 65.5 million packs of carrots and onions every week. If you've crunched on a carrot from Morrisons recently, it will have passed through this site on its way to our shelves. We're the only provider of carrots to Morrisons! And we've recently invested in a new state-of-the-art carrot washer and grader to help us produce our carrots even faster and smarter.Why not take a look around one of our Manufacturing sites?
About You As well as tons of resilience you must have:
- NVQ level 3 (or equivalent, ONC mechanical/electrical engineering, BTEC level 3 in mechanical & electrical/electronic engineering)
- A proven track record in an engineering and fault finding role gained from a FMCG environment (ideally the food industry).
- A proven track record of delivering strong results through a team in a people management role.
- A good understanding of HACCP principles and ideally IEE qualification up to 17th edition wiring regulations would be advantageous. Strong leadership and coaching skills in order to engage motivate and develop large teams with varying skill sets.
About The Company From a Bradford market stall to the UK's 4th largest supermarket chain and the UK's 2nd largest fresh food manufacturer.
We are proud to be the Yorkshire food retailer serving customers across the UK with up to 500 stores and an online home delivery service. Our 18 manufacturing sites provide our customers with the freshest produce from flowers, fish and veg to burgers and bread, all delivered to our stores via our 6 distribution sites by our 2,000 strong fleet.
Every week, 11 million customers pass through our doors and over 110,000 colleagues across the business work hard each day to deliver great service to them. We cover more than 11 million households with our Morrisons.com service. With competitive, permanently low prices we are committed to helping our customers save money every day.
We are foodmakers and shopkeepers and #wemakemorrisons...... click apply for full job details