We have an outstanding opportunity for a specialist Dementia Nurse to work in one of the best care homes in the North East. The home is a flagship 18 bed dementia care home for one of the best providers in the area and has been rated in the top 20 care homes in the north east as well as achieving Gold status with Sunderland council and being rated good in its last CQC report. The home has received significant investment in dementia-specific features and requires specialist Dementia Nurse Therapists to deliver an outstanding level of person-centred care those living with dementia.
As a specialist Nurse Dementia Therapist in this setting you will be responsible for providing the highest level of personal care and attention to residents, formulating, implementing and maintaining nursing care plans. You will also supervise the staff ensuring the delivery of care within the expectations of the companies Working as a member of this caring team, is an integral part of the role. There is also a supervisory and supportive element within the role, providing guidance and acting as a resource for the care team. Close liaison with external professionals, residents and relatives is a large part of the role therefore excellent communication skills are required.
You will be an active and encouraging member of the team, assisting in induction and training of new staff, ensuring strong links to residents' families in order to enhance the quality of care provided. You also will work to ensure that the VERA model of communication is utilised within the service.
To be successful as a Dementia Nurse Therapist you will..
- Be experienced in elderly care with a current NMC registration, professional and patient with good interpersonal skills.
- Have significant experience working with and a special interest in the care of patients with dementia
- Ideally an RMN or RGN it is also an advantage if you have experience supporting Nurses with their preceptorships
- We believe in the continued learning and development of all our staff and a career with us offers you an opportunity to broaden your skills and knowledge. Your professional development will be actively encouraged, and exciting opportunities will emerge to progress your career further within the company.
As a Dementia Nurse Therapist you will get..
- Excellent payrate of £20.51 p/h and a 38.5 hour flexi day and nights contract
- Free Uniforms
- Unrivalled Career development - The company invest in the very best learning and development opportunities to develop and progress their employees careers
- Free Car Parking - Most of our care homes offer free car parking for staff
- Shopping Discounts -Saving £100's on retail purchases at over 20,000 locations across the UK
- Travel - A wide range of discounts available from days out to package holidays
- Health & Fitness - A range of discounts available throughout the UK including gym membership, wellness classes and outdoor activities
If you want to work for an outstanding provider of dementia care in one of the best homes in the North East the apply now for immediate consideration...... click apply for full job details