Data Strategy and Transformation – Senior Consultant (Manager)
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to . We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is global technology and business consultancy with a focus on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry, combining innovative thinking with unique expert know-how. The solutions we offer our customers every day are as diverse as our employees.
- Experts across the Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments, Retail Banking and Wealth & Asset Management domains.
- Deep knowledge in various financial services offerings including Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
You’ll be joining Capco’s Data Strategy & Advisory team as a Data Strategy and Transformation Consultant. You will use your deep data expertise to formulate focused, actionable and effective data strategies to sustainably deliver business outcomes for our clients.
Our projects vary in their nature, and your responsibilities will differ based on client requirements, but could include:
- Supporting the definition of the client’s data strategy, including its vision, objectives, and key results (OKRs)
- Providing a clear and impartial assessment of client data capability levels through capability assessment / maturity models
- Facilitating interviews and workshops to identify client pain points and their root causes, and linking these to data capabilities (e.g. Data Governance, Data Quality, Data Architecture)
- Collating inputs to develop the data strategy business case, and developing strategic roadmaps
- Reviewing existing client data processes, tooling, and governance, and providing recommendations to improve their effectiveness
- Supporting the definition of the client’s data Target Operating Model (TOM), including design of processes, roles & responsibilities , and governance to sustain the data strategy in BAU
- Supporting the definition of data policies, standards and guidelines
- Assisting with data architecture reviews by advising on data management solutions
You will also play a role in developing the Data Strategy & Advisory capability within Capco, which may include:
- Identifying and researching business development opportunities on new or existing clients and aiding the development of client proposals and bids
- Contributing to internal / external-facing discussion in your field
- Developing data methodologies and accelerators to enhance Capco’s delivery capability
- Supporting training of Capco resources in data methodologies
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Most importantly, you’ll have a passion for data. You will bring your aptitude for problem solving and change to enable clients to achieve their business outcomes.
To qualify for the role, you will have most of the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in Data Strategy and / or Data Management
- A strong understanding of Data Strategy, Data Management, and Data Analytics principles , and one or more of several common Data Management methodologies and capability models (e.g. DAMA DMBOK, DCAM, CDMC) and toolsets
- Experience in facilitating maturity assessments, eliciting & understanding client strategic objectives, pain points, and requirements, and providing actionable recommendations
- Experience supporting the definition of data strategies, business cases and roadmaps
- Experience in documenting current-state processes, roles & responsibilities and governance structures, and designing their target-state
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent stakeholder management skills, with strong experience and comfort working autonomously and in team environments
- Strong experience in simplifying complex concepts, with excellent verbal and written communication skills, including in Microsoft PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience working in demanding project environments, with a high level of commitment and drive, including whilst under pressure and in ambiguous circumstances
Ideally, you will also bring:
- Consulting experience at a top-tier consultancy, or a similar internal change / transformation role within a leading Financial Services organisation
- A background in Financial Services (e.g. banking, insurance, investment management)
- Hands-on experience in data management tooling (e.g. Collibra, Solidatus, Talend, Ataccama) and data analytics implementation (e.g. Power BI, Tableau, QlikView or Sense)
- A strong understanding of the difficulties, opportunities and regulations (e.g. ESG, LIBOR, BCBS-239, CCAR, GDPR, Consumer Duty) facing the Financial Services industry
- Up-to-date knowledge of industry best-practices within data management and analytics
- Formal certification in data management methodologies or capability models
- Experience managing small projects and teams
Data at Capco
Capco’s global Data Practice of 800+ practitioners are an established team of data strategists, analysts, scientists, architects, and engineers who help client teams harness the power of data to drive insight, optimise performance, and commercialise data opportunities. We enable financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, and use of data to derive value. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture through working in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who will empower the team, drive high standards, grow the capability, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Our clients and peers have voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in consecutive years, valuing our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to this, we have proudly won both the Best Consultancy (2022) in the British Banking Awards and the Best ESG Data & Technology Consultancy as part of the annual ESG Insight Awards.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clientsand employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepenexisting expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partnersand directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement.