Data Operations Analyst - Retail
Salary up to 40K
Our client is looking for a Data Operations Analyst to work on a Data Transformation programme that will ensure data is at the heart of all key decisions. Supporting this transformation you will use your in-depth cloud data operations skills and grocery retail data knowledge to deliver quality data solutions to ensure business users can liberate value from clients data assets. Your passion for automation will drive continuous improvements within our data solution.
Experience required for this role:
- A Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, or GCP Cloud Operations Certification
- 2 years managing data operations for cloud data warehouses - ideally with GCP exposure but similar toolset experience with other cloud vendors (AWS/Azure) will be considered
- Experience with Cloud Data Orchestration tooling i.e. Google Cloud Composer
- Experience managing the promotion of data pipelines into production state (eg Gitlab) Evidence of driving efficiency in data organisations through effective automation strategies Experience working with Agile or other rapid application development methods
- Knowledge of data security and privacy regulations and practices.
- Experience working with infrastructure as code environment (eg terraform)
- Experience working in distributed team, evidence of effective collaboration with on-shore and off-shore colleagues.
- Experience with Grocery Retail / Ecommerce data is a plus.
- Google cloud composer/BigQuery/SQL/GCS/Cloud DataFlow/GitLab CI/CD Python - scripting/ object oriented programming
- Terraform Cloud/DataProc/Docker/ Kubernetes
- Strong attention to detail to handle key commercial and product data
- Communicates clearly with suppliers trading partners and Supply Chain
Responsibilities of the role to include:
- Work as part of the Data Engineering team (Perm/Contract/Partner - Onshore/Offshore) to manage data operations for our Enterprise Data Warehouse and Data Marts
- Operations of multiple data pipelines, sourcing data from multiple systems and propagating data warehouse/marts.
- Manage, monitor, resolve operational issues with EDW & Data Marts
- Manage security and information confidentiality.
- Support Data Engineering and Data Governance colleagues with management, monitoring, assessment and resolution of data quality issues
- Peer QA and Test deliverables
- Aspire to make Data Engineering as efficient as possible!
- Lead and drive the monitoring and analysis of our processes to ensure they are completely automated and timed to perfection. Design and help create controls that allow the area to manage by exception.
- Work with Data Science colleagues to productionise models
- Evolve the data platform and associated data assets to liberate value from data
- Integrate new data pipelines into the data platform ensuring consistency in design standards Follow agreed standards and processes to ensure the value of data initiatives can be realised in a compliant and controlled manner, ensuring quality, consistency, and safety of the data we work with while protecting our customers privacy. Contribute to evolve processes to improve data operations capability.
- Support the Enterprise Data Governance program where required (data quality investigation / adherence to standards etc)
If you haven't heard from us within 7 days, I am afraid you haven't been successful this time. Please do keep an eye on our website careermovesgroup.co.uk for further opportunities.