At Lloyds Banking Group, we're inspired by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy.
You'll join us in the Retail Bank's Customer Services team, where we're on a journey to build a diverse, highly skilled workforce. We use technology to understand our customers' changing needs, whenever and however they need us.
Do you want a career focused on delivering the brilliance our customers deserve and expect?
The Customer Resolutions team's primary goal is putting things right when they have gone wrong for customers. We define rectifications procedures, and operate in a fast-paced environment, developing standard methodology across the Group.
You'll be part of the Data Engineering team, playing a vital role in accurately and efficiently sourcing data to identify customers affected by rectifications and calculating any refunds required in accordance with procedures and controls.
Your accountabilities will include :
- Leading (and undertaking) the engineering tasks of the rectification, reporting progress, risks and issues at key forums. You may also plan and prioritise work across a small portfolio of rectifications
- Using advanced data techniques to identify and calculate the customer impact of rectifications.
- Providing insightful information and advice to guide business decisions
- Driving continuous improvement of processes, tools and techniques and inputting into the future approach of the customer rectification journey
- Mentoring more junior engineers to improve their capabilities, you may also manage a small team of junior engineers
We aim to make processes straight forward and are empowered to challenge thinking and behaviours to enable the business to adapt and evolve, addressing real customer problems when it matters.
What about you?
We're looking for someone with:
- A passion for doing the right thing for our customers - you will be involved in understanding problems affecting customers and working out the right thing to do for them.
- An inquisitive nature - do you like to gather information and join the dots?
- An enthusiasm for problem solving & analysis - you and your team will be investigating and interpreting data to recommend and support solutions for customers
- A desire to bring the best out of their team, fostering a culture where everyone has the opportunity to contribute and learn
We're looking for you to have the following skills and experience:
- Advanced coding using at least one of SQL and SAS
- Previous experience integrating data across multiple sources would be advantageous
- Coaching and mentoring others
- Using written and verbal communications skills to present complex data issues to non-technical audiences
- Understanding of approaches to ensure high quality and reliable outputs
- Working collaboratively with non-technical colleagues to understand customer problems and defining data solutions
What we can offer you!
We're proud of our people and have a culture of achievement and pride, with inclusion and wellbeing for all. You'll be empowered to bring your whole self to work and to put customers at the heart of everything.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- A Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Share Schemes
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
If you think this could be the right role for you, we're waiting for you to apply!
Together we make it possible.
** The pay range for London is £57,000 - £79,000 and the pay range for National is £46,000 - £63,000 basic salary **