Data Analytics Lead – Managing Principal (Senior Manager)
Joining Capco means joining an organisation that is committed to an inclusive working environment where you’re encouraged to . We celebrate individuality and recognize that diversity and inclusion, in all forms, is critical to success. It’s important to us that we recruit and develop as diverse a range of talent as we can and we believe that everyone brings something different to the table – so we’d love to know what makes you different. Such differences may mean we need to make changes to our process to allow you the best possible platform to succeed, and we are happy to cater to any reasonable adjustments you may require. You will find the section to let us know of these at the bottom of your application form or you can mention it directly to your recruiter at any stage and they will be happy to help.
Capco is global technology and business consultancy with a focus on the financial services sector. We are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry, combining innovative thinking with unique expert know-how. The solutions we offer our customers every day are as diverse as our employees.
- Experts across the Capital Markets, Insurance, Payments, Retail Banking and Wealth & Asset Management domains.
- Deep knowledge in various financial services offerings including Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there
- Focused on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
We are currently seeking a Data Analytics Lead to drive the strategy and growth of our industry recognised, and award-winning Data Practice. To be considered for this role you will be a respected authority in the analytics industry, with experience in helping to build and run an analytics consulting business. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team of multi-disciplinary data practitioners, who you will direct and collaborate with to develop new businesses and deliver cutting-edge analytics, data science and AI projects for top-tier Financial Services clients. You will play a key role in helping to direct and drive the growth of the data analytics capability, identifying business development opportunities on new and existing clients, and aiding the development of client proposals, and propositions.
You will help to develop the UK Data Practice and support the broader Global Data Practice on industry changing topics such as Advanced Analytics, Artificial Intelligence, Intelligent Automation, and Machine Learning.Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture, and working in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who will empower the team, drive high standards, grow the capability, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Our clients and peers voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in 2021 and 2022, and value our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to winning the Best Consultancy of the year 2022 in the British Banking Awards.
AS A DATA ANALYTICS LEAD YOU WILL
- Identify and research business development opportunities on new or existing clients and aiding the development of client proposals and bids.
- Have a strong commercial focus, ability to develop client relationships, direct sales opportunities and develop data propositions.
- Build market networks and relationships, to enhance the market awareness of the UK Data Practice.
- Contribute to internally and externally facing innovation practice in your field
- Create a collaborative culture, driving talent development, provide mentoring and coaching for those developing their careers in data
- Be comfortable working across multiple projects and initiatives, driving the growth of new and existing data capabilities, engaging internal and external stakeholders.
SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- 8+ years of consulting experience likely in a senior management or director position.
- Experience in spearheading new business opportunities.
- Understanding of common data concepts e.g., Data Strategy, Data Management, Data Governance, Data Architecture, Data Privacy, Data Literacy
- Expertise in one or more of the following Data Science, Analytics & AI concepts: Machine Learning, Business Intelligence, MLOps, Analytics operating models, AI development and operationalisation, Data & AI Ethics, Data Analysis
- Ability to develop working relationships with a wide variety of clients, from C-suite to technical resources, balancing conflicting priorities.
- Background managing business and technical teams to deliver projects of varying sizes, from incubating innovative products to delivering large scale productionised analytics and data science models.
- Essential experience working within Financial Services, Capital Markets, Insurance, or Wealth & Asset Management, in a data science, analytics and AI related role.
- Desired experience in programme execution, business analysis and change management – proven ability to shape, design, and manage the execution of data programmes.
- Experienced working in a multi-client environment that emphasises collaboration, and teamwork.
- Experienced in recruiting and developing teams.
Data at Capco
Capco’s global Data Practice of 800+ practitioners are an established team of data strategists, analysts, scientists, architects, and engineers who help client teams harness the power of data to drive insight, optimise performance, and commercialise data opportunities. We enable financial institutions to become data-driven by helping transform their understanding, and use of data to derive value. We translate strategy into action – designing, implementing, and mobilising innovative data capabilities with a focus on efficiency and scalability, and partnering with leading vendors and industry bodies.
Collaboration, enthusiasm, and encouragement are key in ensuring we maintain our culture through working in an environment where clients become colleagues. We are looking for a candidate who will empower the team, drive high standards, grow the capability, and deliver customer focused outcomes.
Our clients and peers have voted us as the A-Team Best Consultancy in Data Management in consecutive years, valuing our ability to identify and develop top data talent. In addition to this, we have proudly won both the Best Consultancy (2022) in the British Banking Awards and the Best ESG Data & Technology Consultancy as part of the annual ESG Insight Awards.
WHY JOIN CAPCO?
You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clientsand employees
- Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepenexisting expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partnersand directly with clients
- A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- Enhanced and competitive family friendly benefits, including maternity / adoption / shared parental leave and paid leave for sickness, pregnancy loss, fertility treatment, menopause and bereavement.