Cyber Security Engineer
This global retail giant is currently transitioning from an Oracle based heavily outsourced organization to an inhouse DevOps model. This provides them an opportunity to design, develop and implement a future proof security architecture which has security and privacy built in by design.
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for monitoring security threats and protecting the company. You would be working with various engineering teams to ensure secure code practices being implemented end to end.
The Cyber Security Engineer is responsible for the deployment and support of security solutions, problem solving and overall advice on all AWS security matters.
What will you do as an Cyber Security Engineer?
- Work closely with AWS Platform Teams and Engineering Teams (mobile app and webapp teams) to ensure projects/initiatives are secure on delivery.
- Hands-on AWS Security Engineering - WebApp Firewalls, IAM, VPC Networking, AWS Guard Duty, AWS Inspector, AWS Detective, etc.
- Configuring security through code - Infrastructure as a code.
- Continuous pen testing.
- Investigate, recommend and implement innovative technologies or other methods that will enhance the security of the AWS environment.
- Assist with platform tuning, process automation and configuration management and implement security monitoring to ensure optimal and secure running.
- Review and/or instruct on code review methods.
What we are looking for?
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Hands-on experience with AWS Cloud provider ecosystems and security concepts.
- Experience with SIEM, vulnerability scanners, web application scanners, web proxies.
- Pen testing experience.
- Prior development experience would be beneficial (eg Python, JS - Node and React, other).
- Knowledge and experience with secure code reviews of web and mobile applications
- Experience with using automated tools.
- OWASP knowledge.
- Good communication skills and willingness to learn.
- AWS Security - Specialty or CISSP Certified would be beneficial.
If you are a Cyber Security Engineer looking for an exciting next step in your career and you thrive in a high-paced environment, this would be a great next step in your career. Apart from that they offer to help you learn, develop and up-skill in areas you are interested in to support your career growth!
Job Type: Permanent
Location: London/Birmingham - mostly remote
Salary: £80,000 + Benefits
Lawrence Harvey is acting as an employment agency in regards to this position.