Retail Supervisor - Customer Team Leader
Location: 59-61 Lowther Road, Dunstable, LU6 3NL
Pay: £10.45 per hour & amazing benefits.
Contract: 30 hours per week + regular overtime, permanent, part time
Full training given
Working pattern: varied shifts including early mornings (5.45am), afternoons, late evenings (10.15pm) and weekends, to be discussed at interview
When you join Co-op as a Team Leader, you'll help shape the future of a business that's truly different. We're passionate about putting our ethical values into practice, and with your direction your team will be there for the community to do amazing things that will help support local good causes!
What you'll do
You'll be a positive role model - engaging, training and supporting your team in completing store activities. As a Retail Supervisor you'll also:
• perform daily checks to make sure the store is safe, secure, operational and presentable for our customers
• encourage your team to deliver the stores success measures and be confident in suggesting areas for improvement
• be a key holder - opening and closing the store, taking responsibility for the premises in the absence of other leaders
• take charge and guide the team if there's a problem to resolve
• champion Co-op by promoting our membership and benefits and encourage the team to participate in local projects we support
To be successful
You'll take ownership and direct the team, knowing when to step in and help your colleagues on the shop floor. We're also looking for:
• good communication skills
• great organisational skills
• problem solving skills
• the ability to exceed customer expectations and resolve queries
• the ability to collaborate and build relationships with people from all walks of life
• drive ideas to help improve store sales
• flexibility to work a range of shifts
You must be aged 18 or over to be a Co-op Retail Supervisor as you'll need to authorise age-related sales.
We'll nurture your development while you help us foster stronger community relationships!
You'll grow your leadership skills along with a sense of purpose, working with a business that cares. You can also look forward to a package that includes:
• pay rates aligned to the Real Living Wage
• premium rates for hours worked before 6am or after 10pm
• flexible shifts/working hours and regular overtime opportunities (we provide rotas to your mobile phone 3 weeks in advance)
• 20% off Co-op branded products in our food stores all year-round
• 10% off other brands all year-round (doubles to 20% on the Friday and Saturday after payday)
• discounts on other Co-op products and services
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We're actively building diverse teams where everyone can contribute and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, believing in equal opportunities, and we know it's important that our teams reflect the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Co-op is committed to supporting communities and keeping our customers and colleagues safe during the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic. If you're successful in your application, you might occasionally be required to work in other stores within the local area to cover colleague absence.
Please note we may close the advert early due to a high number of applications.