We have an opening for a CT Engineer to join the team on a homebased/regional basis
Applications are being sought from experienced Computer Tomography (CT) Service Engineers, wishing to join our dynamic team of health care professionals. We currently operate several linear accelerators (Varian/Elekta), across our centres. Whilst we are seeking an experienced CT engineer, willing to cross train to support our linear accelerator install base is essential if not already experienced.
This is a permanent full-time position, located in the region of Newmarket, Milton Keynes or Maidstone or within reasonable commuting distance. And will work as part of a dedicated UK engineering team currently maintaining Linac's. With flexible working arrangements. Key to the role will be providing breakdown, maintenance and repair services to Siemens Computer Tomography equipment with a view to covering other manufacturers of CT's in the future.
The successful applicant will provide consultative and collaborative services to Clinical Leaders, Physics team by analysing changing technical requirements, clinical needs, processes, and procedures for the development of maintenance programs and policies. Engineers must be acutely aware of and adhere to all defined clinical workflows and will make recommendations on workflows as needed. The incumbent will provide techno/functional assistance to Radiotherapist and Medical Physicist.
We are continuing to extensively expand our presence within the UK and are a highly entrepreneurial, fast moving, well-funded private healthcare company leading the way in oncology.
Are you looking to work for a company that thinks differently?
- Innovation every day - we test and reset the boundaries and are leading the way in technology and innovation.
- We encourage and promote our employees Bravery to have a go. We dare to make ideas happen, to make the impossible a reality.
GenesisCare knows that we achieve more together than apart, so we share, listen, and work as one. We believe in Partnership, inside and out
- It's is in our DNA that we show Empathy for all so we can to understand the needs, emotions and ambitions of patients and each other to succeed as a team and individually and to offer our patients the best outcome and service.
Like the sound of us? We would love to hear from you!
You would be responsible for:
- Independently perform routine troubleshooting and repairs on the designated modality with high percentage first time fix/diagnose success rate.
- Perform routine calibrations and preventative maintenance on their designated modality and secondary modality.
- Co-ordinate Planned Maintenance.
- Independently working on Siemens CT equipment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on CT equipment.
- Work on Varian or Elekta Linear accelerators (following training if required)
- Work safely in confined areas, including high current/ high voltages modulators (20- 50 kV, 1500A),
- manage scheduling of PM and CM activities in accordance to GCUK business needs with minimal impact on company resources and clinical operation
- Work safely on full range of products including medical devices producing high and low energy ionizing radiation.
- Read, analyse, interpret and follow signal flow on schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Instruct staff in proper use of the equipment.
- Stay current on all new products.
- Submit timely and accurately; service reports, timesheets, expense reports, TLD badges and other paperwork as assigned.
- Parts inventory management.
- Maintain all company equipment, including company computer, parts, and tools.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
- Assist in coaching other members in the department within a specialist field
- delivers department projects efficiently
- identify and implement improvements that enhance the business
- maintain an up-to-date knowledge of products used in the service department and provide training to other staff if necessary
- assist in producing technical documents for GC employees to assist in 1st line support
What do you have that we want?
The successful applicant will:
- Be required to travel to local and regional sites to perform necessary duties.
- Provide ongoing preventative maintenance and quality assurance testing.
- Provide remote and on-site engineering support.
- Provide afterhours support services. (when needed)
- Maintain spare parts repository and documentation.
- Maintain Service request database and records.
- Undertake ongoing training which may include national and/or International travel.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience required for the position:
- Suitably experienced Siemens CT engineer
- A current clean driver's licence.
- An accredited qualification in electronics or relevant field experience.
- Ability to function under pressure.
- Basic knowledge of all types of CT operations.
- Minimum 3+ years of recent experience with CT equipment in a service environment.
- Experience diagnosing and repairing mechanical, electromechanical, and/or electronic equipment. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
- Recognised Elekta or Varian Linac training.
- Recognised GE Computer Tomography training.
- Siemens MRI experience
Who we are:
GenesisCare are a global provider of 5000 highly trained healthcare professionals and support staff designing innovative treatments and care for people with cancer and heart disease. Located in the United Kingdom, Spain, China, the United States and is Australia's largest provider of cancer and cardiac services.
Across the world, we have more than 440 centres to help us bring you the right care. For radiation therapy, that includes 14 centres in the UK, 21 in Spain, 36 in Australia and 300 in the U.S. We also offer cardiology and sleep services at more than 80 locations across Australia. Every year our team sees more than 400,000 people. In the UK, our new site strategy is to grow to 20 centres over the next 3 years.
Our purpose is to design care experiences that get the best possible life outcomes. To give you high-quality care that's available where and when you need it and is tailored to your particular needs. Care that helps you get on with your life and do the things that are important to you. We do this by approaching care like nobody else. We believe that care should be focused on the individual, not the condition, and are proud of our world-class patient satisfaction ratings. Our combined purpose is to provide excellence in patient care, deliver superior clinical outcomes and to continue to make a very significant impact on the current service-access gap in these non-discretionary areas of health care globally. For more information visit
In the UK, we have state-of-the-art centres in Birmingham, Bristol, Cambridge, Chelmsford, Elstree, Guildford, London, Maidstone, Milton Keynes, Nottingham, Oxford, Portsmouth, Southampton and Windsor.
Remuneration & Benefits
We reward and recognise people who perform their work in a way that is aligned to GenesisCare's mission and values and that contribute to GenesisCare's growth. To help us attract and retain people with the right skills we aim to pay competitively in the medical and technology markets.
Our benefits include family/flexible working, 25 days annual leave + Bank holidays, Buying/selling of annual leave =/- 5 days, Free Private medical cover, Free Private Dental Cover, Free Radiotherapy Treatment for employee and family, competitive Company Contributory Pension Scheme, Employee Assistance Programme & Income Protection. Babylon Health, Headspace Wellbeing, access to Retail Discounts plus working for a Global employer with opportunities to work in other countries.
What to expect from our recruitment process
We believe in putting in the effort to find the people who will share our success. We strive to select the right people for each role based on evidence. If you think you have what it takes to help us remain at the top of our game, then apply now by clicking on apply!
GenesisCare does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any unsolicited referral will become the property of GenesisCare. Upon hire, no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity...... click apply for full job details