Location: Rotherham, South Yorkshire, S66 8HR
Salary: £18K - £22K per annum, DOE
Contract: Full time, Permanent
History and Heraldry are the global leader in impulse gifting having sold over 400,000,000 impulse gifts worldwide in the last 10 years.
Our impulse gifts include mugs, keyrings, Christmas decorations and candles. We have a presence in over 60 countries through a network of established distributors.
We are now recruiting for a Credit Controller who will be working within a department of 4 staff, you will take charge of 400 accounts.
Must have strong administrative skills and the ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally, at all levels. Previous credit control or sales ledger experience is desirable and we can support a person with a confident manner to develop in this role.
As our Credit Controller, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring customers adhere to agreed payment terms and reducing and minimising overdue debt.
- Running reports and create Excel spreadsheets to assist with cash collection.
- Maintaining a high level of customer contact via telephone / post / email.
- Achieving agreed target in relation to percentage of 90-day debts.
- Minimising risks by carrying out credit checks.
- Setting credit limits, setting payment terms and applying for credit references.
- Fulfilling the cash posters role in their absence or as and when necessary.
- Prepare and post paperwork for Direct Debit transactions for Spain and Portugal.
- To ensure all buddies (agents) are updated on their customers via Aged Debt reports on a monthly basis.
- Assist in running off and posting out of monthly statements.
- Collating reports on particular accounts on an adhoc basis as required.
- Taking cheques to the bank using the company car.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Relevant general qualifications including numeracy and literacy.
- Experience in a clerical environment, dealing with customers / business owners directly.
- Dealing with customer enquiries professionally and efficiently.
- Competence in Microsoft Office products, XL and accounting software programmes.
- Strong, demonstrable administration skills and experience.
- Understanding of credit limits and payment terms
- Ability to establish and maintain good client relationships, both internally and externally at all levels
- A calm, confident manner
It would be great if you had:
- Previous experience in a similar credit controller role.
- Experience working to monthly targets.
- Experience with credit and debit card payment processing.
- Knowledge of the retail sector.
- Experience working with CRM Software.
If you feel you have the necessary skills and experience to be successful click on "APPLY" today, forwarding an up to date copy of your CV for consideration in the first instance.
No agencies please...... click apply for full job details