Come and join our Teacher Bank!
Are you looking to make a difference?
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity to help others to improve their lives, the lives of their families and to make a positive contribution to their local community? Then prison education is for you.
We are committed to making a difference and we need motivated and passionate colleagues who can make it happen. Novus is a specialist Prison Education provider working across England and Wales, for more information on our team, their story and what we do please visit the Novus website.
Cover Trainer role specialising in Construction and Health and Safety is offered on a flexible basis, working various hours across a variety of sites. You will be based in the Kent & Sussex region, which includes the following prisons: HMYOI Cookham Wood.
The closing date for this job advert is 2nd November 2021 however sometimes the job advert may close early if we receive a good response!
To be successfull in the role of Construction Trainer, you will be required to;
- Help raise expectations and aspirations of our learners, to enthuse, motivate and create ownership of own learning.
- Enable progression through accredited/ structured non-accredited programmes designed to meet the needs and interests of our learners.
- Work with learners to develop personalised learning plans, to equip them with the skills, knowledge and behaviours facilitating positive progress towards their longer term aspiration.
- Continually develop your practice and skills, to engage in new initiatives and, to share best practice with colleagues.
- Utilise policies and procedures (both Novus and HMPPS) to support the wider prison resettlement and skills strategy.
- Work collaboratively as part of a local specialist education team and, positively contribute as part of the wider prison team.
You may have the skills, passion and attributes which make you the ideal candidate for this role, but you find it hard to evidence all criteria?
We consider all applications and we are committed to finding the right person and will invest in their professional and personal development.
If you can help others - we can help you.
We offer an excellent benefits package including a favourable pension's scheme, Retail Discounts, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to Work and Simply Health.
To apply for this role through the Novus website, please click the 'apply now' button where you will be asked to submit a copy of your CV.
In your application, please also outline how your skills, knowledge and experience meet the requirements details within the job role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes all applications, if you are interested and would like to apply, click on apply now!
This role is subject to enhanced clearance and vetting.