JOB TITLE: Contracts and Procurement Officer
REPORTS TO: Head of Operational Efficiency
SUPERVISES: There are no people management responsibilities
Retail Merchant Services (RMS) is a UK based payments services organisation. We have been in business for over thirteen years and currently employ over 260 colleagues.
We are on a mission to make our customers lives easier, giving these businesses the products, tools, and services that make it easier for them to be in control, and ultimately, to succeed. Whatever success means for them. We do this by offering payment services to ensure businesses always make the sale. We also partner with ISVs (Independent Software Vendors) to provide additional services and products that help businesses unlock vital cash flow, drive additional revenue streams and bring them technologies that support their business ambitions.
We have big plans to expand both our company and our offerings, and are looking for talented, energetic and passionate people to join our team and be part of our ambitious journey.
Current investors in RMS include TCV Ventures, which has backed successful companies such as Spotify, Airbnb, and Netflix
Supporting the Director of Commercial Contract and Partnerships for ensuring we effectively manage our cost base in key operating lines, such as terminal estates, facilities, consumables and servicing maintenance contractors, Insurance, IT, ensuring effective cost control whilst striving to improve service standards and looking to see our managed risks reduced. The position providers an overarching support and advisory role to our colleagues and will take a key part in in implementation of new systems. Procurement and Supply has a major impact on our organisational profitability and efficiency and RMS is looking for someone who can support our Contracts Processes and manage the supplier KPI Performance.
- Supporting and leading when necessary product category and projects reviews through market analysis, tenders, contract negotiations and successful implementation
- Collating monthly reporting around supplier and partner performance against service levels
- Provide contract/supplier management guidance to staff
- Provide administration support to the Director of Commercial Contract and Partnerships
- Identify opportunities for improvements in process or supplier relationships/commercial terms and where agreed work to deliver the benefit. Provide procurement advice to the organisation to help them with supplier engagement but also supports the value-add agenda.
- Where priorities mean it is necessary, support others within the team to deliver on our objectives
- Work to minimise risks to RMS from suppliers and supply chain
- Administer key vendor Service Level Agreements and legally checked contracts which comply with the latest legislation and UK standards and best practice
- Organise, administer and attend monthly Vendor review meetings preparing relevant reports and KPI data
- Responsible for all RFI / RFP creation
- Ensure necessary systems and admin activities are carried out accurately and in a timely manner
- Administer all key supplier invoicing for the approval process to ensure agreed discounting and contract costs are being maintained
- Continually reviewing and updating where necessary all key contracts as new regulatory standards and best practice are developed
- Introduce a stakeholder feedback process on the delivery of key supplier contracts so we can identify issues and opportunities for improvement
- Administer our supplier/contractor compliance and contract arrangements and developing the Approved Suppliers Register and management documentation
- Works closely with Director of Commercial Contract and Partnerships to ensure partner and supplier relationships meet company goals.
Principle working relationships
- Head office including department Managers, Office Manager and Finance
- Third Party Vendors
- Legal Counsel
- Financially and commercial astute, with clear budgeting and cost skills
- Procurement track record within a multi-disciplined commercial organisation
- Ability to manage and motivate suppliers/contractors and consultants
- Good communicator, able to build and maintain positive professional relationships at all levels
- Highly organised, time efficient, detail conscious, but flexible and able to deal with change
- A persuasive and "can do" approach with high interpersonal skills
- Lateral thinker with the ability to put into practice innovative ideas and solution
- Self-motivated and capable of working with a number and wide-ranging type of facility suppliers and contractors
- Comfortable working in fast paced, ever changing environment
- IT literate with standard office and general procurement and purchasing systems
- Excellent communicator
- Through and analytical
This is a permanent role, we will be looking to appoint in early April. This position is based remotely.