My client are a leading 3PL provider based in the West Midlands.
They're looking for an experienced Contract Logistics Manager to take site responsibility for their Warehousing & Transport functions.
My client are a leading 3PL provider with a flagship operation based in the West Midlands. They have have experienced significant growth over the last 18 months and are now looking for a Contract Logistics Manager to lead a multi-user logistics operation.
The Contract Logistics Manager has responsibility for leading the operational and financial performance of the flagship operation based in the West Midlands.
Reporting to the Senior General Manager the role will be directly responsible for providing a high-quality service for a number of prestigious customers across a number of sectors including: Automotive, Retail, Manufacturing and Drinks.
Key responsibilities include:
- Continuously develop personal knowledge of supply chain/operational processes, financial objectives
- Review and maintain procedures and processes that guide the Company's operational teams
- Responsible for the direct relationships with each customer, both operational and financially
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, development, and discipline of all personnel associated with your allocated accounts, maintaining appropriate liaison with the Company's HR department.
- Ensuring that all employees within your responsibility area work to the required standards of the Company and are assessed through regular performance reviews
- Monitoring, on an ongoing basis, the performance of all direct reports, and undertake regular reviews in accordance with the Company's procedures
- Ensuring that there is regular & effective communication through team briefings
- Drive service improvement by promoting, supporting, and implementing the site continuous improvement program
The successful candidate will have the following experience:
- 3PL contract logistics experience is essential
- Experience of running a fast paced, multi-user contract logistics operation
- Experience of working in multiple sectors preferably; Retail, FMCG, Automotive and Manufacturing
- Account and client management
- Profit and loss finance management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of Warehouse processes and procedures
- Excellent people management skills
- Experience of Warehouse Management Systems
- Passionate about delivering great customer service
- Hard working and conscientious. Can lead a team and work within a team
- Proven management skills with the ability to optimise team performance and development
- Highly developed inter-personal and communication skills coupled with the ability to negotiate and influence at all levels within the business
- Ability to build, lead and motivate a skilled team able to meet objectives and agreed targets
- Good IT skills, in particular spreadsheets and databases and a knowledge of warehouse systems
£60,000 - £65,000 + benefits
EA First Ltd are acting as an Employment Agency for this permanent vacancy.