- Diverse Manufacturing Group, HQ in London (City) with significant global and African interests
- Remit to drive Continuous Improvement Projects in Africa
- London (approx. 50%) / Africa (approx. 50%)
- Most organisations at start of lean journey; hands-on with coaching focus position
- Reporting to Board Member
- Significant support and sponsorship for sustainable long-term Lean / Continuous Improvement Programme
- Newly created appointment, high client commitment to recruitment process
- Essential requirements: Led significant Lean / CI projects across emerging counties, a willingness to travel and background in manufacturing, mining or heavy industrial.
Our client has established themselves as a highly diverse manufacturing, production and mining group with interests across many parts of the world, including Africa. We require a Continuous Improvement Leader to focus on their operations across Africa, managing around 10-12 projects at any one time remotely from London HQ and in the field across their sites in Africa (often for one or two weeks at a time).
The Group organisations are capitalising on the immense economic opportunity and growth in Africa and this position offers much scope to embed a culture of continuous improvement in a willing and highly able workforce, from Director to colleague level. You will take on a remit of identifying and managing lean / continuous improvement projects, supporting and coaching colleagues and facilitating workshops for site teams.
To be considered you will have progressed your career in large / best practice organisations in operations: manufacturing, mining or heavy industrial sectors. You will possess extremely strong lean skills / toolbox and whilst six sigma certification would be advantageous, it is not essential. You will have experience of working across multiple countries and cultures including emerging countries and / or Africa.
Should you feel your skills and experience are well suited to this exciting opportunity please apply or for further information contact Dan Sculthorp, Director at 'OPEX Selection'. Should you be able to recommend someone for this job please contact us in complete confidence; should we place the referral we will pay you a bonus of £300 in retail vouchers (of your choice) on their start date.
OPEX Selection is the exclusive recruiter for the appointment. We are specialists in recruiting the brightest, most successful and passionate Lean, Six Sigma and Operational Excellence professionals across the world...... click apply for full job details