Construction Workshop Technician (Electrical Installation)
Hours of work: 24 hours per week
Duration: Fixed term until 31 July 2022.
Salary: £11,889 - £12,320 per annum (actual salary for 24 hours per week)
Location: Wakefield and Castleford campuses
As a Construction Workshop Technician, you will provide technical support for the delivery of the Construction / Electrical Installation curriculum. The Construction department delivers a range of training and learning programmes covering Bricklaying, Bench Joinery and Site Carpentry, Plastering, Electrical Installation and Plumbing.
As a Construction Workshop Technician, you will be responsible for the preparation of the workshop area, materials and equipment used in the practical activity for Electrical Installation training. You will ensure that adequate stock levels of materials are maintained, as well as the maintenance of equipment and ensuring they are in good working order for safe use. In addition, you will support with the dismantling of work prepared by students to maintain operational status of the workshops.
As a Construction Workshop Technician, you should:
- Have a range of experience gained within the Construction industry
- Have a Level 2 qualification or equivalent in Electrical Installation
- Hold a First Aid qualification (or willing to achieve one)
- Have the ability to work in a busy environment
See what we have to offer and come and join us. You won't be disappointed.
- Generous Annual Leave (30 days annual leave (pro rata for part time) + bank holidays + 5 College closure days)
- Personal and Professional Development opportunities, including a comprehensive induction
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Reduced price personal gym membership
- Access to a wide range of high street discounts (retail, supermarkets and restaurants)
- Annual Staff Recognition Awards
Closing date: 11.00am on Friday 15 October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed
For further details, please refer to the job description and person specification above.
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.