Do you have some experience in simple groundwork and construction?
Are you hard working and most comfortable in a manual role, working outdoors?
Are you someone who is looking for an opportunity to develop their career with a successful company?
If you answered yes to these questions, then we may have the job for you!
So, Bring You, Shape Us!
Who are we?
Clear Channel UK are a leading Out of Home media owner, operating more than 33,000 advertising sites nationwide. We are a friendly and culture led company who value and support our employees to be the best they can be. We also care about the communities we work with and the environment too!
A few years ago, we brought the construction of our advertising sites in house, creating Clear Channel’s first Construction Team. Since then, the team have been extremely successful and responsible for delivering hundreds of site builds, including our newest digital Billboards and large Storm installations.
We’re excited to be growing our Construction Team even further this year and are looking for an skilled Construction Operative to join us.
What will you be doing?
You will be working as part of the internal build team on the installation of the bus shelters (Small Format) and Adshel Live panel installs (Advertising panels)
Installation work will include working within public areas, roadside with breaking up ground to install the sub-structure, setting out for the shelter to be correctly installed in the planned location. These will be mainly pre-build shelters collected from our local depot and delivered to site in sections that will be built into appropriate foundations.
This role will require travelling to sites throughout the Plymouth region with possibilities of travelling to the west of the UK with the use of a company vehicle in future projects.
Opportunities to enhance and develop additional skills will be possible as training will be provided.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- To be able to manage your workloads issued within the agreed timescales
- Meet the business timescales objectives
- Have a good understanding Setting out
- Ensure that traffic management is in place prior to commencement of work
- Guarantee that segregation and prevention measures are put in place to prevent unauthorised members of the public within the working areas
- Correct use of working at height equipment – Following the site-specific risk assessments and method statements
- Maintain and safeguard the tools and equipment on site and ensure that they are stored in a lockable unit at the end of the shift
- Report any near misses, accidents or incidents on site to the Construction Manager
- Adhere to the Construction Design and Management regulations 2015
Knowledge, Experience and Attributes:
- Have a full driving licence.
- Hold a CSCS card or equivalent such as IOSH, SSSMS
- Competent in the use of machinery
- Experience with working on HIAB’s – Slinger skilled
- Excavation and Sub- Structure knowledge
- Understanding of RAMS
- Have the ability to read and understand technical drawings.
- Use of power tools such as Hydraulic breakers and Stihl Saws
- Working within a team to achieve targets.
What is it for you?
- Salary £26,000 per annum plus overtime opportunities
- Annual bonus up to 7% of your annual salary
- Development of skills provided.
- Full training plan available
- 25 days paid annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Company Pension Scheme matched to 8%
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- Life Insurance
- Participation in employee discount scheme across hundreds of retailers
- Social events
Does this sound like the role for you?
Why not apply today! Or call our Plymouth team on 07920 4117278.
At Clear Channel UK we believe in fairness and as an equal opportunities employer we work hard to foster an inclusive environment, a place you can truly be yourself and be treated fairly. We focus purely on skills and behaviours so if you'd like the opportunity to help us create the future of media, out of home, we'd like to hear from you.