Thames Water has moved to an "Intelligent Client" model for AMP7, building in-house capability to understand how its physical assets are performing and when to make appropriate operational or capital interventions. Thames Water will own more of the scope and definition of projects and risk will be managed by those best placed to mitigate it, be it Thames Water or its supply chain. Thames Water aims to be a business in control, leading its supply chain in a collaborative way, delivering brilliantly and maximising customer benefit.
About the role:
This is a critical role within our intelligent client model, where you and your team will be ensuring our contractors are safely delivering capital projects to the appropriate Thames Water standards.
You will oversee and in some direct delivery instances, lead all construction activities from conception to completion, monitoring compliance with our asset standards, safety, environmental and quality standards and with wider regulations.
You will be reviewing contractor performance and ensuring projects are delivered efficiently, meeting regulatory and statutory requirements while maximising benefits to Thames Water.
You and your team will be involved during the design, construction, commissioning and defects rectification period of Water and Wastewater treatment and Network projects. Ensuring buildability, efficient and effective delivery whilst safeguarding the supply of drinking water to customers and protection of the environment at our waste treatment sites.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Promote the Thames Water 'Triple Zero' culture of zero incidents, zero harm, zero comprise, monitoring contractor health and safety and working with contractors to address issues and improve site health and safety performance.
- Ensure compliance with environmental requirements in asset design and delivery.
- Monitor delivery performance and work with contractors to address all issues and make improvements.
- Ensure Thames Water and its contractors comply with current Construction Design Management regulations.
- Support the assessment and appointment of contractors.
- Support the contractor and Operations liaison during the design process, promoting innovation, best practice, and compliance with quality standards.
- Liaise with Operations and contractors to approve passing through key milestones.
- Monitor and review of component (FAT/SAT) and commissioning testing.
- Manage, monitor and review the takeover and defects throughout all projects.
- Management of direct delivery construction activities.
- Chartered Engineer or substantial experience in similar role.
- Knowledge and understanding of the processes used in Water/Wastewater/Networks is desirable.
- Previous experience in the Utility industry (water/wastewater experience is an advantage but not essential).
- Experience in a people management role.
- Understanding of the development of design, construction and operation of above and below ground projects.
- Understanding of performance and quality management.
- Strategic and innovative approach to problem solving.
What's in it for you?
Our competitive salary and package include a competitive bonus, car allowance, private healthcare, an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday. There is also a wider benefits scheme which includes an annual pay review, season ticket loans and loyalty awards for continuous service plus discounts at a wide range of retailers via Benefits on Taps. We also have a referral scheme, where you can receive £750 for helping someone get a permanent position within the company.
We're proud to be here for our local community, offering everyone two days paid volunteer leave a year, as well as proudly supporting a lot of local events and charities.
Click here to find out more about working at Thames Water
Thames Water is the UK's largest water and wastewater company. We make a daily difference to millions of customers by suppling 2.7 billion litres of world-class water to around 10 million homes.
As our world changes, the need to take care of our most precious resource is greater than ever, both locally and globally. That's why, at Thames Water, every one of our actions, big and small, matters every day. Water is essential to daily life, and that means our business is always open. We're passionate about providing world-class tap water, now and for the future.
We're also turning waste into power, self-generating 20% of the energy we use and, in turn, doing our bit for the planet. We're reducing plastic waste by celebrating our tap water and rolling out an ambitious water fountain project. We're using our voice to lobby for change and partnering with WaterAid to provide clean water to the world's poorest communities.
Together, we're building a better future for our customers, our region and our planet.
Thames Water is a unique, rewarding and diverse place to work. If you join our team, you'll enjoy fast-tracked career opportunities, flexible working arrangements and unparalleled benefits. We're also proud to be an equal opportunity employer, Stonewall Diversity Champion and Disability Confident Leader, welcoming individuals from all walks of life and leading the way with an award-winning mental health and wellbeing strategy...... click apply for full job details