Concept Innovation Technologist
Based in North West
Must have Bakery Experience
Innovation Concept will be part of an NPD team working on products from start to finish he/she is responsible for the development of new innovate ideas in line with the retailer brief. Working on internal briefs 12 to 18 months in advance of launch which may come from the NPD manager or commercial. A key responsibility will be pre-empting key customer trends and funnelling ideas into the NPD manager.
Pushing boundaries in the factory to enable us to grow and be innovative and working with the Senior Technologist and factory managers to make this happen. Looking at and continually challenging technical, ingredient, process and packaging performance and creativity. Plays a key role to improve the innovative approach & standard setting within the kitchen.
- Creating ideas from future trends from internal and external briefs in line with the business strategy.
- Being part of a wider team, which functions from the start of the process to launch in line with critical path.
- Be able to work creatively funnelling ideas and concepts but be able to work closely with the Senior Technologist to understand the challenges arising in the factory before we start to trial.
- Challenging and pushing boundaries within the factory to ensure there is a balance of innovation and products we know we can potentially make with in some cases capital requirements.
- Cost all products within the costing model in some cases within a cost's restriction.
- Keep up to date with key development trends within the food industry in general, and especially related to Bakery
- Gaining a wide knowledge of key customer trends and requirements across all sectors
- Understanding of retailer consumer.
- Proactively involved with key ingredient supplier development programmes and ensuring full utilisation of their skill sets to drive the agenda on development.
- Organising presentations for the team to review new trends
- Driving & Implementing a 'Food Culture' across our business
- Presentation of new foody trends up and coming new ingredients and process to the team monthly
- As the team are all required to work at any time from concept to launch you may be asked to work on process occasionally
- Capable of externally presenting concepts, ideas and/or products to our customers
- Participate in and lead internal NPD meetings.
- A Skilled Baker
- Recipe Formulation
- Effective presentation skills
- Ability to Influence & impact others across the business
- Extensive knowledge of the UK and international bakery industry
- Working to high standards...... click apply for full job details