WHO ARE SEVERN TRENT GREEN POWER?
Severn Trent Green Power own and operate market leading food recycling anaerobic digestion facilities across the UK. As a leading processor of organic waste, Severn Trent Green Power recycles food waste from over 50 local authorities, food manufacturers, TWM companies, brokers, and retailers, converting their food waste into renewable energy.
The Compliance Team operates across the company, ensuring external regulatory requirements and commitments are met, that the company adheres to its Integrated Management System and that working practices are safe for our own teams and visitors
WHAT IS THE FUNCTION OF THIS ROLE?
Reporting to the Compliance Manager, you will support and maintain the company's operational compliance framework by supporting Operational site teams. You will ensure compliance documentation is current and fully maintained, that staff training records are in date, ensure site protocols are followed and audit trails are complete.
You will undertake regular assurance reviews of all aspects of regulatory compliance and health and safety requirements, reporting findings and outcomes. You will follow up on any outstanding requirements and support the delivery of activities to ensure compliance is maintained and support the preparation of external audit activity by industry regulators and close-out actions.
As a CDO you will be responsible for the compliance assurance of a cluster of operational sites and oversee their specific activities. Covering STGP sites in Surrey, Hertfordshire and Ardley in South Oxfordshire. The nature of the role means that you will work methodically, with excellent attention to detail, working to strict deadlines as well as having the aptitude to produce clear and comprehensive written reports and statistical information using MS Office. You will communicate with site employees at all levels and maintain effective engagement. You will apply compliance knowledge in a practical capacity and with commercial astuteness to ensure safety, quality and environmental excellence.
KEY ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Be a key point of contact for Compliance to Site Operational teams and build an effective working knowledge of industry regulations, including DSEAR, Animal By-Product Regulation, PAS 100/110, Environmental Protection Act.
* Undertake regulatory compliance, GDPR and H&S assurance reviews for operational sites, report on findings and document any required follow-up actions.
* Work with Operational Site Leads to share the compliance outcomes and support and deliver action plans to drive compliant outcomes.
* Review operational risks and controls, reporting outcomes and supporting Operational Site Leads with action plans to remove or reduce risks.
* Support external audit preparation and activities where required.
* Assist Site Leads with implementing regulatory, H&S and procedural changes and training.
* Maintain onsite Compliance documentation, ensuring information is up-to-date, regulatory/control checks are carried out as required or escalate findings where not, to drive compliance.
* Complete ad-hoc COSHH assessments where required.
* Monitor timelines for required maintenance, inspections, etc and ensure all required maintenance, inspection, testing and remedial work is completed and evidenced. Engage with Operational Site Leads in preparation.
* Monitor completion of risk assessments and method statements for Site activities and drive appropriate reviews where required.
* Assist the Operational Site Leads with accident and near miss investigation, reporting and documentation.
* Keep accurate records of all Site Inspections - including outcomes and actions, updating planners and schedules, to inform any necessary parties both internally and externally of any changes.
* Actively promote Accident and Near Miss reporting.
* Raise to the Line Manager any changes or potential changes in legislation which may impact on the Company's policies and procedures.
* Support/write work instructions as required, manage sign-off process in line with ISO requirements and ensure the instructions are kept up to date.
* Ensure control of contractors and permit to work system is correctly managed.
* Liaise with your Line Manager on a regular basis raising any key issues and major developments promptly.
* Regular attendance at Site locations, engaging with key Operational Site Leads and managing ongoing dialogue and keeping up-to-date with ongoing day-to-day site activities.
* Maintaining regular engagement and operational updates with Compliance Team colleagues, supporting investigations and project related activities.
* Undertake any adhoc investigations, data reviews or project activities as required by the QEHS Director or Compliance Manager.
Experience of working in regulated industry preferred, ideally in compliance assurance-based role
Practical experience of environmental and waste management (desirable)
NEBOSH general certificate
Knowledge of EA permits, deployments etc
Experience in Integrated Management Systems (ISO)
Excellent communication skills
Ability to work unsupervised
Ability to instruct and get objectives delivered
Strong data analytical aptitude, quality review capability and ability to convey complex information articulately
Audit Management and planning
Outstanding attention to detail
Excellent Microsoft Office particularly Excel and Word
BENEFICIAL KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
It would be beneficial to have knowledge and experience of the following regulations and guidance areas:
The Management of Health & Safety
Manual Handling Operations
Workplace (Health, Safety & Welfare)
Provision & Use of Work Equipment (PUWER)
Personal Protective Equipment
COSHH, DSEAR, LOLER
Control of Contractors
Working at Height
Gases / Confined Spaces
Animal by-products Regulation
Environmental Protection Act
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
Our success depends on our people and it's our people that are making the difference every day - helping us create value for our customers by working in partnership with them to create an effective and sustainable organic waste management strategy.In return, we offer great opportunities to grow in a company culture that fosters creativity, innovation, personal growth, job satisfaction and career development.
REMUNERATION & BENEFITS:
* Competitive Salary
* Company Vehicle
* 25 days holiday + 8 Bank holidays with the option to purchase additional
* Annual company bonus scheme (linked to key performance indicators
* Company pension scheme
* Occupational health cover
* Comprehensive flexible benefits scheme including Gymflex, Electric car salary sacrifice scheme, Dental and Severn Trent Plc shares at a discounted rate
* Critical Illness Insurance and our Technology Scheme where you can spread payment for a variety of Technology purchases
* Sharesave scheme - A chance to save up to £500 per month for three or five years, with the option to buy