Community - Co-ordinator (Contract)
Field based - Sussex
Salary: £21,000 - £24,000 per annum
FareShare is the UK's national network of charitable food redistributors, made up of 18 independent organisations. Together, we take good quality surplus food from right across the food industry and get it to almost 11,000 frontline charities and community groups. During 2020, we redistributed 113 million meals through our FareShare Regional Centres and our retail surplus model FareShare Go, reaching over 1 million people.
Hunger is a growing issue in the UK and while there is surplus food that is otherwise going to waste, we believe that this food should be used to feed people first.
The COVID19 pandemic has shone a spotlight on the issue of food insecurity in the UK and with it, FareShare's ability to get food to vulnerable communities nationwide. We are fortunate to benefit from the support of major retailers, the media, sports ambassadors and a groundswell of public engagement.
FareShare's Strategy & Vision
Vision: We have the vision of a UK where "No good food goes to waste".
Mission: To use surplus, fit for consumption, food to feed those who are vulnerable in the UK by supporting front line charitable organisations that tackle the cause and not just the symptoms of food poverty.
Our Purpose: We are doers. We are a community. We change lives.
- Passion - for our cause and the challenge that lies ahead
- Ambition - to go the extra mile and drive the change that must happen
- Respect - for ourselves, each other, our volunteers, our partners and our beneficiaries
- Collaboration - it's only by working with others that we can be stronger
- Focus - on providing the best service possible so that we deliver and achieve the most for our clients/customers
As Community Co-ordinator, your role will focus on the growth and sustainability of the FareShare Go programme.
Covering across Sussex, you will maximise relationships and add value to create the best experience for our charity community.
The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator, with an approachable nature who will play a vital role in developing and maintaining charity and retailer relationships, plus raising awareness of FareShare Go across your local area (may also on occasion be required to travel to Sheffield for staff conference).
Main areas of responsibility
- Charity account management: You will carry out virtual calls and in person visits with new and existing charities and be responsible for ensuring that coverage KPIs are reached and maintained for both new and existing retailers.
- Community Capacity Building: As part of the building of relationships with charities, you will seek opportunities to enable and empower charities to increase their capacity and ability to take more food, to ultimately increase the redistribution of surplus food to those in need.
- Sustainability and Compliance: You will work with your Regional Manager and team to identify stores where re-engagement activities are needed to improve charity coverage and charity compliance. You will work to maximise the amount of food collected by charities with lower levels of compliance.
- Retailer Engagement: You will play a key role in maintaining strong retailer relationships across your region. You will take an active role in any meet and greets with retailers, where required. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining regular contact with the relevant retail stakeholders in your region.
- FareShare Network Engagement: We aim to become 'oneFareShare'. These roles are an integral part of our network and you will partner closely with the Regional Centre(s) in your areas. You will work on joint initiatives which improve and grow the FareShare community, ensuring that charities have access to the FareShare service which best meet their needs.
- Have exceptional relationship building skills with a range of stakeholders
- Be a strong communicator who can engage with a variety of audiences
- Be confident and assertive in handling difficult situations, whilst demonstrating calmness and professionalism
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Self-manage your own performance and workload.
- Have initiative and innovative thinking, to shape new/different ways of working
- Have strong IT skills
- Be flexible with working arrangements as the role may involve high levels of travel to areas of the UK
- Have a valid driver's licence for the UK, access to a car and can undertake extensive travel across your region
- Level 2/3 Food Safety training is desirable, but training will be provided.
- Have previous experience working with constituent relationship management (CRM) software (Salesforce experience is advantageous)
- Some experience in data analysis and project planning
- Be degree educated or have a strong career history with relevant skills
If you would like to apply for this role, please select the apply button and send a copy of your CV and a supporting statement showing how you meet the essential experience outlined in the person specification.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 26th September 2021
Interview will take place week commencing 11th October 2021
This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.