We are recruiting for a qualified and experienced Commercial Management Accountant to join the Food to Go Finance team based out of the Ashton Green site in Leicester.
Bradgate Bakery is part of the Samworth Brothers Group, a 4 th generation family business that prides itself on looking after its people and producing high quality products. We are always looking for outstanding people, with great attitudes and an openness to learning to join our family. The size of our business enables us to support career development and progression that will help our people fulfil their potential.
This role reports directly to the Finance Director Commercial and will interface closely with FTG & Site Leadership, local Finance Teams, Commercial Finance, Commercial Development teams and the FFFN Leadership teams.
Principally responsible for all elements of financial control and performance reporting for the supply into FFFN for the supplied brands over the FTG sites. Own the "ways of working" process, support delivery of control in the concept to launch process, creation and delivery of ongoing reporting and analysis which supports the understanding of SKU level performance and assists in the growth of the brands for Samworth Brothers.
Support as and when required on Commercial tenders or Project work delivering consistency across sites or towards FTG growth plans.
- Co-ordinate, support, challenge the consistency and control of NPD/EPD costing process for all products developed for FFFN brands across any of FTG sites delivering a clear understanding of cost drivers and profitability by SKU
- Own the documented "ways of working" process delivering all reporting and control requirements:-
- All daily/weekly or monthly performance reporting as appropriate
- Post-launch reviews
- Volume analysis v costed and forecasting reviews with FFFN for inclusion in site forecasts. Liaison between Site Operational and Planning teams on volume movements +/-.
- Support quarterly FFFN review process highlighting brand plans, volumes movements, spikes, identifying, tracking, and minimising risks on stock exposure.
- Co-ordinate, challenge and publish cross-site margin reporting by SKU. Generate and action improvement plans vs costed or highlight opportunities by product
Travel will be required between the Food to Go sites - Bradgate Bakery (Leicester), Melton Foods (Melton Mowbray) and Manton Wood (Worksop)
The Right Person
You will be someone who is self-motivated and focussed on the customer. You will demonstrate initiative and ownership. You value others and their contribution and enjoy working collaboratively with colleagues. You will be flexible and adaptable to change. In addition, you will have the following skills:
- A qualified accountant ACCA/ACA/CIMA or equivalent
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate at all levels and influence cross-functionally.
- Have several years of experience in a faced paced Commercial or Management accounting role.
- Preferably experience of working within a manufacturing and/or FMCG business;
- Experience and exposure to in-depth product costing or performance variation analysis.
- Full driving license and flexibility to travel
What we have to offer
We provide a terrific range of benefits including great facilities with onsite parking and subsidised restaurants, as well as an excellent retirement savings plan (pension), private health cover (subject to terms and conditions) and a discount scheme 'Quality Life' that provides savings at supermarkets, high street retailers and a host of leisure outlets...... click apply for full job details