Mitie was founded in 1987, Mitie is the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers to hospitals, schools and government offices. Mitie has over 49,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if you work for us.
Job objectives and responsibilities
- · Responsible to undertake all Gas / Mechanical & Heating PPM works within the region in an efficient and safe manner,
- with repairs undertaken as appropriate.
- · As the Multi-disciplined engineer, you will be responsible for multiple sites across the region
- · Completion of all relevant certification and paperwork along with company paperwork to complete all PPM tasks
- · Ensure all test equipment used is calibrated & safe & appropriate for use
- · Ensure all access equipment used is inspected prior to use & safe & appropriate for use
- · Assist in maintaining & achieving compliance in all statutory activities & escalate to management where not if required
- · Production of all required certification or recording of results on WRS in a timely manner where required
- · Assist engineering team in ensuring we meet all Statutory legislation & retain compliance
- · Undertake routine PPM tasks in line with latest SFG 20 procedures.
- · Diagnose malfunctioning systems during PPM maintenance & advise accordingly, such as boilers & heating plant other
- equipment including, Hot & Cold-water systems, Heating plant and associated equipment, pressurisation unit's pumps and
- · Inspect HVAC / mechanical systems, plant equipment and components to identify condition of assets.
- · Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- · Test & inspect pipework systems / mechanical systems and equipment, and fixtures, using testing & inspecting devices to
- ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- · Plan layout and installation of pipework & heating systems, equipment and fixtures, along with mechanical systems as
- · Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files.
- · Repair plant equipment, when possible using appropriate hand tools and power tools.
- · Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to maintain or repair electrical, HVAC equipment, and other asset
- · The incumbent must be flexible enough to be able to undertake all planned maintenance accommodating operational Excel Challenge Inspire
- • at service delivery, we must be the best at everything
- • We always ask ourselves, why do I do it this way? How can I do this better? What else can I do?
- • Have fun and be passionate about what you do
- requirements · Attend engineer meetings & training as & when required. · Ensure that all PPM maintenance meets all environmental standards. · Ensure all data given for each asset across all sites is accurately recorded & captured. · Able to carry out first fix remedial work raised from PPM visit.
- · Educated to a minimum of city & guilds (or equivalent) but preferably have an HNC equivalent.
- · Experience of maintenance, testing & fault finding in a variety of plant equipment such as Boiler & heating plant,
- pumps, ventilation, plumbing & minor building fabric.
- · Relevant HVAC qualifications
- · Core skills must be valid & gas safe registration.
- · Core skills to include COCN1,CCN1,TPCP1,CODNCO1.
- · Appliances CIGA1,CDGA1,CORT1,ICPN1
- · Knowledge of Health and Safety and safe working practices
- · Pasma, Ipaf desirable.
- · Self-motivated to work alone or as part of a growing team
- · Strong customer care focus
- · Be proactive and capable of anticipating potential faults
- · Full clean driving licence
- · Able to work at heights of up to 3 metres and lift weights of up to 25kg.
- · Must be well organised & able to manage your own workload accordingly.
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures at all times;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.