Colart International Holdings Ltd.
Commercial Finance Business Partner – International London
We are looking for a Commercial Finance Business Partner – International to join our Finance Department based at our London Hub office in West London located in a vibrant new space close to White City tube station. Note the role will require you to spend up to 1 week per month in Le Mans, France, working with the French-based finance team and other stakeholders.
The International business manages sales into all countries that are not covered by country specific businesses (these being North America, UK, Europe and China). International operates primarily through distributors with the team predominantly based in London whilst sales are made through a French-based company, Colart Creative International SA (CCI).
This is an important role shaping the finance and business agenda of the relevant markets, ensuring that the finance function is optimally set up to control, understand, manage and report Business Unit performance and to contribute to determining and pursuing the strategic growth agenda for the Business Unit. In achieving this you will engage, collaborate and business partner with the International Commercial Director and their leadership team.
Your key accountabilities will include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Member of the regional leadership team and trusted Finance Business Partner to the International Commercial Director, shaping and driving the strategic agenda of the business unit.
- Financial ownership of Business Unit performance management, actively seeking opportunities to simplify business processes and structures:
- Accountable for the monthly financial reporting processes and holistic integrated Business Unit performance reporting, including insightful analysis of business results and variations to expectations
- Understand and analyse the impact of the Business Unit’s performance on other parts of the Colart organisation
- Accountable for high-quality, robust forecasts and the annual budget based on insightful analysis, working through the relevant members of the finance team and the marketing and commercial teams
- Deliver timely and accurate financial planning, monthly and year-end reporting in line with Group requirements
- Robust Return on Investment assessment on the business’ marketing and overhead spend
- Drive the profitable growth agenda of the International region, holding to account the commercial, marketing and SIOP teams for the planning and outcome of their tactics and activities, supporting this agenda though business/data analytics, including customer/channel profitability, mix and margin management, pricing and Return on Investment of brand and retailer spend.
- Provide financial leadership to the broader organization ensuring there is a joined-up Finance community.
- Accountable for maintaining a robust governance agenda.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Professional Accounting Qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with at least 2 years PQE either in industry (ideally in an FMCG/branded consumer business) and/or practice (with significant exposure to FMCG/branded consumer clients)
- Prior experience in an international/European organization is desirable
- Performance management and business partnering
- Able to see the big picture, but equally, the ability to be thorough and give sufficient attention to detail
- Structured, critical thinker who can work independently and has a willingness to drive continuous improvements
- Ability to liaise extensively at a senior level
- Well organised and pro-active
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative and ownership, ability to relentlessly focus where most value can be added
- Can do attitude – needs to be able to “do” as well as coordinate
- Ability to translate technical into every-day language and to flex style to meet the needs of the audience
- Fluency in English mandatory
- French-speaking would be advantageous
WHAT WE OFFER
- Basic salary (from c. £60,000 p.a.)
- Bonus of up to 10% of basic salary
- A comprehensive benefits package including pension scheme, life insurance, employee assistance programme, 25 days annual leave, discount on Colart products
- Cycle to Work scheme
- A hybrid working model offering the flexibility of onsite and remote work
- A commitment to sustainability: our vision is to be the most sustainable house of leading creative brands
- A wellbeing programme including summer and winter parties and other fun events, complimentary breakfast on Tuesdays and drinks night on Thursdays
- Colart is proud to be a certified B Corp
OUR DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSIVITY COMMITMENT
Many Voices. One Community
At Colart, our Diversity, Equity and Inclusivity (DEI) vision is to become a company of choice with a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace where all can thrive professionally and personally.
A Common Purpose Uniting Action
By working with Colart, you belong to a community that believes in the mission to “inspire every artist in the world . This comes to life through our heritage brands, the pride we take in them and in our people who bring these brands to life. We have built a culture of openness that allows deeper connections between people and teams, curiosity that leads to new innovations and a safe environment in which to learn, fail and be your authentic self.
As an international business, we believe in flexibility, meaning we maintain global ways of working to bond us while respecting local cultures. We are still small and agile enough to foster powerful collaborations and connect with each other in ways that build strong relationships. Anyone can talk to anyone.
Our structure is flat and non-hierarchical and, because we embrace change, this means we don’t offer a ‘one size fits all’ career path. Instead, we encourage lateral movements to help you follow your ambitions, hone a skill set and achieve future goals. Wellbeing, mentoring and inclusivity are fundamental parts of the package.
We are privately owned, with a parent company that empowers us to achieve our long-term focus. Our vision is of a sustainable, purpose-led future and a model of value creation. Together we are passionate about creating value in three ways; financially, environmentally and socially.
It is not just words. We act and care together! So, how do you want to play your part in Colart?
If you are interested in this role, please click here to apply online.