carwow is looking for a Commercial Director to lead our Get Your Car (new cars, used cars and leasing) commercial teams for the UK market.
We’re on a mission to change the way people change their car by creating the go-to car marketplace. Since starting our journey in 2011, we’ve grown to become one of the most trusted comparison sites with over 12 million active users and an ‘excellent’ Trustpilot rating of 4.7.
We support our customers choosing their car and then connect them with dealers, manufacturers and leasing brokers who have great offers for them on the cars they want. Because of this success, we are also one of the most effective places for car manufacturers to reach in market buyers with their digital marketing and so we’ve built a growing retail media business that now also includes working directly with car brands to create the content they use in their ads and in dealer showrooms.
Over the past few years we have also expanded our business and consumer offer in the UK by making used cars available on our platform and adding the ability for customers to sell their cars to our extensive dealer network.
It’s not surprising that with this level of growth and ambition, we are backed by some of Europe’s most respected technology, marketplace and automotive investors.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced leader to lead our UK commercial teams responsible for our dealer and leasing broker relationships. As Director of our UK commercial teams, you will be responsible for driving the growth and success of our Get Your Car business, overseeing commercial strategies, partnerships, and operations. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer of our global Get Your Car business, you will have full P&L ownership of the UK GYC business. You will be responsible for developing and executing the UK commercial strategy, growing new and existing revenue lines, growing our dealer network depth, implementing a consultative sales process design and leading the commercial teams to their next level of growth.
As a key member of our senior leadership team, you will shape the future of carwow’s core proposition incl. B2B, our partner experience, commercial operations and contribute significantly to our company’s overall success.
If you have a growth mindset and are excited by the idea of taking carwow’s commercial proposition to the next level, this is a rare opportunity to join an ambitious, fast-moving, transparent, values-driven team and organisation while engaging with some of the best partners in the automotive retail industry.
You will be fully responsible for the UK Get Your Car (new cars, used cars, and leasing) P&L and be the spokesperson for our Marketplace in the UK.
Commercial Strategy Development
- Develop and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy for the Get Your Car business including the development of our b2b value proposition, product strategy, and marketing, to achieve and accelerate revenue, growth and profitability targets
- Understand the requirements of existing and new partners to ensure their needs are being met
- Understand market conditions, conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities
- Cultivate and manage relationships with key partners, including AM100 dealer groups, leasing brokers, and affiliates to drive business growth and foster mutually beneficial collaborations
- Negotiate and finalise partnership agreements, ensuring favourable terms for carwow
- Position carwow as the leading vertical marketing specialist
Performance Monitoring, Trading & Pricing Strategies
- Regularly analyse performance, trading, and market data, prepare detailed reports, and present findings to the executive leadership team
- Monitor and actively manage trading and merchandising levers in order to maximise performance and identify opportunities for revenue enhancements
- Implement pricing strategies and sales initiatives to optimise revenue streams and enhance profitability
- Lead, mentor, and inspire a high-performing commercial team, fostering a collaborative and results-oriented work environment
- Provide guidance, coaching, and support to team members, empowering them to achieve individual and team goals
- Lead the team in developing and implementing a data-driven performance management system that drives revenue growth and profitability
- Proven track record in commercial leadership with a focus on sales, partnerships, and revenue optimization, having led commercial teams >20 ppl.
- Experience in a high-growth company or industry-leading technology or marketing platform
- Exemplary ability to interact and influence effectively with C-level executives and team members
- An In-depth understanding of the UK automotive market, including market dynamics, customer behavior, and industry trends is nice to have but will be expected within a short period of time
- Exceptional negotiation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute successful commercial strategies that drive revenue growth and market expansion
- Strategic thinker with excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- A team-oriented leader with a passion for developing and mentoring talent
- Record of recruiting and enabling top talent
- Whilst this isn’t a benefit, we wanted to highlight it again – A great and growing value proposition and an amazing team that you can take to the next level and grow with the company
- Remote and hybrid working options: (2 days in the office)
- Competitive salary
- Equity in the company (share options)
- Vitality Private Healthcare
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays and Christmas Eve or an alternative (religious) holiday of your choice
- Tech: The latest core technology (Macbook or Surface)
- Remote working: You’ll receive a ‘home office allowance’ of up to £500/€550 to help get set up with everything you need to succeed at home
- Remote working: New: ‘work from anywhere for a month each year’ policy in place should you wish to use it
- Inclusive parental, partner and shared parental leave, fertility treatment and pregnancy loss policies
- Learning and development budget
- Social: Company wide collaboration such as bi-weekly product demos, tech lunch’s, coffee with the exec sessions, book clubs, social events
- Refer a friend and get paid!
- Lunch & learns with internal and external speakers
if you are not religious, this day will remain as Christmas Eve in conjunction with usual Christmas Bank Holiday
We are leading the change to Electric vehicles and are conscious of the impact our industry can have on the environment. We’ve already planted over 45,000 trees to date as a thank you to those who leave us a review and are extremely excited about our new partnership with ‘One Tree Planted’, which we hope will increase the number to around 60,000 trees a year.