LOCATION: Gyle Shopping Centre
PAY RATE: £9.25 per hour
SHIFT PATTERN: 5days/7 days (including Weekends and Public Holidays) - 35h per week
REPORTING TO: Operations Manager
OVERVIEW OF JOB DESCRIPTION
Gyle Shopping centre is one of Edinburgh's prestige retail outlets which benefits from easy commuting from Edinburgh City Centre and surrounding areas, it offers free parking and discounted benefits from certain retailers.
As part of the AMB Cleaning Team you will also benefit from full uniform with an annual refresh, access to Perkbox employee benefit scheme which includes discounted Evouchers for most retailers, including gyms, holidays and car rentals to name a few. It also offers Employee Assistance Programme which bosts 24/7 365 independent support for all colleauges. This position is for a Cleaner working 35 hours per week, on a 5 over 7 shift pattern. We offer 28 days annual leave including Public Holidays.
Online E Learning is readily available which supports our comprehensive Learning & Development programmes offered to all ABM colleagues. Full training and Induction programme for all cleeeagues with a one team approach this is a fantastic opportunity to join out team.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
* Maintain the high standards at Gyle Shopping Centre and be proactive and deal with issues as you see or are made aware of them, this includes entrances, mall, toilets and back of house areas.
* Assist Customers & Retailers when required.
* Assist in an emergency situations.
* To provide additional resource to facilitate peak trading in the Food Court.
* Attend to any cleaning duties and other reasonable associated tasks within the Food Court Area and any other areas as directed by the ABM nominated supervisors and managers.
* To be flexible and responsive to changing daily priorities fulfilling requirements.
* To be knowledgeable of all cleaning related tasks, so that at the commencement of the shift, current scheduled activity is supported, without the need for specific direction.
* To be sufficiently cognistant of the building layout to be able to service required areas.
* Prioritise jobs according to urgency allowing duties to be completed with any time allocations to the necessary quality, planning around periodic tasks.
* Escalate any issues to the ABM nominated supervisors and managers.
* Ensures that work area is clean, well maintained and all equipment is secure.
* Communicate regularly with ABM nominated supervisors and managers to obtain feedback on quality, service and care.
* Undertake training as necessary in line with the development of the post.
* To achieve and demonstrate agreed standards of personal and professional development within agreed timescales.
* Availability as and when required including evenings and weekends depending on shift patterns.
* Promote a clean and safe working environment by ensuring all tasks are carried out in line with company policies and procedures.
* Attends and participates in meetings as required.
* Operates and manages workload effectively without supervision.
* Ensure all health and safety procedures are applied in complying with legislation and company policy and procedure.
* Maintain critical standards for professionalism, service, speed and quality assurance.
* Adhere with new policies and procedures to ensure that a respectful workplace exists.
* Sound communications skills
* Demonstrate initiative in the absence of supervision, accepting responsibility.
* Knowledge of safety regulations, building codes and other compliance policies.
* Executing duties in a manner which minimises the incidents and accidents within your Department.
* The staff member must be available throughout the duration of the designated shift