Class 1 Driver (occasional shunting)
Who are we?
Our client has been operating under a Group umbrella since 1985 servicing household names from over 40 locations across the UK.
Their vehicle fleet includes 370 artics, 230 rigids and 1500 trailers operating from several million square feet of warehousing which provide employment for around 2,000 people. A planned policy of growth and development seeks to see this figure increase continually, through organic growth and selective acquisition.
They pride themselves on their commitment to the health, safety, welfare, training and development of all their colleagues along with their excellent benefits package that is offered to all employees.
A bit about the role:
They're looking for an experienced Class 1 Driver to join their new Leicester operation. Various shifts and start times due suit needs of the business.
A day in the life as a Class 1 Driver for them might look like:
- General driving duties, observing current legal and best practice delivering and collection to/from our customer's premises or other BDL locations.
- Wearing correct company uniform & PPE (clean & in good repair).
- Maintaining a professional standard when representing BDL whilst delivering, driving or collecting products.
- Carry out pre-use checks prior to using any equipment / vehicle / trailer, complying with appropriate documentation &procedures.
- Reporting of any vehicle defects / damage or H&S issues to BDL management.
- Ensuring that vehicle loads are safe and damage free, secured with the appropriate restraints as per company procedures / Safe Systems of Work.
- Check/ complete /retain and hand over all load documentation/POD's and delivery paperwork.
- Ensure that the returned goods process is followed at all times.
- Provide relevant feedback to management on information gathered whilst completing your duties.
- Maintain vehicle cleanliness using all equipment safely as specified in operating procedures and Safe Systems of Work.
- Adhere to all H&S rules. Comply with other sites rules and maintain high standards of compliance, hygiene and housekeeping.
- Operate in accordance with BDL's policies and procedures.
- Comply with any other reasonable requests from Management.
What will make you a great fit for this role?
- Category C+E driving licence
- Minimum 12 months class 1 driving experience on UK roads
- No more than 6 penalty points
- No driving convictions
- An understanding of the law relating to drivers hours regulations and tachograph
- Clean driving licence
- Up to date drivers CPC
- Great communication and organisational skills
Let's talk perks…
- Job share available on most roles to suit successful candidate
- Overtime available after basic hours (dependant on contract)
- Discounts on days out, tickets, gym memberships, retailers, restaurants and more!
- Some of this month's picks - 30% off Adidas, 10% off Apple, 4% off Tesco!
- Free cash healthcare scheme for all employees including dependent children; 24/7 counselling & support, 24/7 GP helpline, dental, health screening & more
- Free eye care vouchers for VDU users; (free eye test & discount on glasses)
- Discount on mobile phone contracts with EE;
- Free CPC training
- Opportunity to win awards for good telematics scores
- Expanding portfolio of training opportunities
- 20 days holiday (okay okay okay, we know this is an entitlement we just wanted to remind you!)
- Much more!
Ready to set the wheels in motion?
What are you waiting for! Send your CV and a covering letter to the email address below. Successful applicants will be invited to a face to face interview, as well as seeing our operation in person.
They can't wait to meet you!..... click apply for full job details