PLEASE NOTE: THIS IS A ROLLING CONTRACT REVIEWED EVERY 6-7 MONTHS
An exciting opportunity has arisen with a leading UK children's charity currently recruiting for a manager to oversee the day to day running of it's residential home based in Twickenham.
The ideal candidate for this role will be a resourceful, energetic and outgoing individual who can deal effectively with challenging situations and behaviour, motivate young people to manage risk and support a team of professional staff.
Applicants should have
- At least three years' experience of providing leaving care and/or housing support to single homeless or other vulnerable client groups, including young people.
- At least one year's experience of effectively managing professional staff.
- A good understanding of Safeguarding and the legal framework relevant to the provision of residential services for young people aged 16+.
- Thorough knowledge of the issues that lead to young people becoming homeless, including those relating to alcohol/drug dependency and mental health and complex needs.
- Familiarity with the welfare benefits system and with the range of resources, statutory and non-statutory agencies and services relevant to supporting young people.
- Awareness of health and safety regulations and procedures to minimise risk.
- A high regard for young people with the ability to relate successfully to individuals from a wide variety of backgrounds and to manage conflict situations.
- To safeguard young people through sound management strategies, collaborative working with external agencies and emergency services and compliance with local authority safeguarding procedures.
- To provide regular supervision for staff and assess training needs to required performance and development standards. To source and/or deliver training and coaching where appropriate.
- To ensure housing management policies and practices are effectively operated. This will include maximisation of income, licence management and implementation of fair and equitable referral procedures.
- To ensure appropriate staff cover is maintained in the home through production of rotas and, where necessary, recruitment of locum covers. To ensure that staffing needs are met within designated budgets.
- Fixed Salary - £31,315
- A friendly working environment, a fun, open and honest culture.
- 25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years' service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
- Industry Leading training programme including access to children's right and participation, CSE, empowerment, mental health and Social Pedagogy,
- Contributory pension scheme, Enhanced Maternity and Company Sick Scheme.
- BUPA Employee Assistance Programme, offering counselling, financial advice and legal support.
- Interest-free season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme.
- Discount shopping scheme at hundreds of retailers across the UK.
- Discretionary Funded Training Programs.
- Employee Awards based on performance and length of service.
- Fantastic opportunities to develop your career within our range of services...... click apply for full job details