We have been made aware of a global phishing campaign where employees from companies are being impersonated. We are confident that no PageGroup system has been breached. Find out how to protect yourself
- Challenging and rewarding senior leadership role
- Key in influencing the future development of the organisation
About Our Client
The trade associations within the British Allied Trades Federation have supported the industries they represent since 1887, with the formation of the Birmingham Jeweller’s and Silversmith’s Association. From this initiative the Gliders & Finishers were formed, working relationships with the National Association of Goldsmiths and the London Wholesale Jewellers were agreed, so that by the turn of the twentieth century the key players of today’s Federation were talking and beginning to work together. With the addition of the Fancy Goods Association and the British Leather and Luggage mid- century, the Federation we now see was emerging.
Today BATF has grown to represent retailers; metal finishers, jewellers; goldsmiths; leather-goods; travelling and fashion accessories; giftware and tabletop in a rapidly changing environment. They are proud to present themselves as the unified federation of five of the most significant trade associations in the trade and consumer marketplace.
Their industry representation includes:
- Over 2,500 members, including craftsmen, manufacturers, wholesale distributors, retailers, and designers.
- With 50,000+ employees
- Worth more than £25billion at retail
- A national organisation, established for 125 years, championing its members, and helping them flourish both in the UK and abroad.
BATF are seeking to appoint a CEO that will play a key role in helping deliver their ambitions. Key responsibilities include:
- To support the member trade association through the provision of a collective vision and strategy, promoting best practice and facilitating co-operation between the respective trade association CEOs in terms of knowledge, experience, capability, and expertise.
- To provide members a best in class out-sourced service in critical areas such as Finance, IT, HR, Facilities, International Development and Company Secretarial, enabling an effective and efficient model, allowing members to focus on supporting and growing their respective memberships.
- Promote the adoption of best practice across members and raise awareness of the benefits of BATF membership, particularly in terms of a combined industry voice on key issues.
- To work closely with members to direct operational performance in support of the aspirations to grow commercial income through existing services and through innovation.
- Working with member CEO’s and the board to oversee total organisational impact, developing and utilising effective reporting to inform on progress and influence future decisions.
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and achieving budgets and deliver profit across central services.
- Lead, manage and support each of the respective services teams to effectively deliver against their business plans and ambitions, as well as support commercial growth opportunities for BATF through identifying and bringing on board additional and relevant member associations.
- Continuously seek to improve the effectiveness, efficiency, and standards of all service areas.
- Foster and evolve positive relationships across a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders including trade associations, tenants, government departments, agencies, politicians, industry associations and sector organisations on a regional, national, and international basis for the benefit of members.
- Create a collegiate and an effective organisation through exceptional leadership, collaboration, mentoring and open communication. Managing the performance and development of the teams, ensuring good practices and procedures, promoting the highest standards of integrity, governance, and customer care.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will be a passionate, forward-thinking individual with proven experience as a senior leader and a track record in delivering outstanding services. Experience gained within an association, federation or similar environment is preferential but not essential, but what is critical is your desire to fully contribute to the BATF and its members in this key role.
The inherent challenge is the ability to balance implementation of the strategic vision with the day-to-day hands-on work required, to that end you will need to demonstrate:
- Substantial leadership experience gained within a complex business environment with a clear track record of tangible success in customer facing services.
- A creative thinker with the vision, determination, and ability to translate the broad needs of a diverse organisation into compelling and deliverable products, or services.
- Proven experience of determining and successfully executing growth and maximising income and value.
- Able to demonstrate a broad strategic view of the issues affecting BATF’s members and their respective markets.
- Able to see the big picture, think strategically and top-down. Is insightful, ambitious, and well balanced in approach.
- An inspirational leader and team player, able to foster a team-oriented environment, empathetic and a real people person.
- Understanding of best practice, experience of working in a matrix environment.
- First class communicator, experienced and skilled at influencing, negotiating, building alliances, and maintaining effective relationships both internally and externally.
- Demonstrable commercial acumen with the ability to innovate and successfully manage change.
- Able to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Distinctive organisational skills, committed, proactive and flexible working style.
- Financially astute with previous experience of setting, managing, and monitoring budgets.
Page Executive are inclusive Recruiters and Hirers, as reflected in our Clear Assured Platinum Standard Accreditation from the Clear Company. We are passionate about attracting diverse talent and are committed to ensuring our processes are inclusive and supportive.
Sign up to receive job alerts
We will let you know when any new jobs are available.
Page Executive is part of the PageGroup. 200 Dashwood Lang Road , Addlestone , Surrey , KT15 2NX