VISION REDBRIDGE CULTURE & LEISURE
Chef/ Kitchen Duty Manager
Location: 1856 Café – Hainault Forest (Romford Road), and Owls Play Centre
Salary : £29,064 per annum
Type: Permanent – Full time 40 hours
We are currently looking for an experienced Chef/Duty Manager to deliver all aspects of busy kitchen operations and who is passionate about all things food! You will be working across our two country parks: Hainault Forest, with its scenic views, our newly restored venue comprising of a café, events space, farm and other public areas; as well as our recently refurbished Owls Play centre located at Fairlop Waters, which offers a café setting for its users.
Youll have opportunity to work on developing new retail and hospitality menus and processes. At Hainault Forest, you will be working in a brand-new venue with state-of-the-art kitchens at your disposal. You should have experience with managing medium size teams, food preparation environment and be keen to learn and progress with us as we grow.
As well as a Chef you will also take on the responsibilities of a Duty Manager managing the wide-ranging needs of both hospitality environments. You will be responsible for the stock taking and ordering of food for both sites to ensure the highest quality food is delivered to our customers.
The working patterns involve sociable hours as both sites operate throughout the day and may involve some evening working.
- Working closely with the Venue Managers on developing and delivering all retail and hospitality menus with the opportunity to put your stamp on this exciting project, while furthering your future career
- Ordering and stock control
- Recruiting, training and managing the kitchen team
- Being responsible for the day-to-day delivery of a wide range of catering menus for the café as well as for events, corporate meetings, birthday parties and wedding receptions
- Ensure kitchen areas are all clean and tidy to the highest standards and all checklists are followed
- Ensure HACCAP, COSSH and other H&S regulations are followed at all times
- Ensure all equipment is maintained and used safely and in line with instruction
- Assist with any other task within scope of the role as required
- Experience in leading and developing teams in a demanding kitchen environment
- Knowledge on Food safety, allergens, HACCAP, COSHH, Natashas Law
- Ability to work as part of the team using your own initiative
- Ability to follow instruction and execute to the highest standards
- Flexible with working patterns
Desired Skills & Experience :
- Healthy Catering Registration
- Food Hygiene
- Safeguarding Policies & Procedures
In return, we can offer the successful candidate a company pension scheme, annual performance rewards, generous annual leave, employee assistance programme and GP referral scheme, free gym, swim and spa membership at all our Leisure sites; Corporate Health Cash Plan (which provides free access to essential health care and valuable health and wellbeing services); employee recognition scheme; cycle to work and electric leasing car scheme.
To apply for this role, please see our website .