Your Aramark journey starts here Are you currently working as a Commis or CDP and looking for a new challenge? Love creating meals that put a smile on peoples faces? Looking for a flexible role thats mainly Monday Friday, working 1 in 3 weekends? Well, we have a job for you! We are making a work life balance achievable whilst still working in hospitality, cultivating your culinary career with a world leading organisation. We are currently looking for a Chef to work with our integral team at Claro Barracks, Ripon HG4 2RD Perks of the job
- £26,415.11 per year
- Full time 37.5 hours a week 5 days over 7 1 in 3 weekends!
- Discounted meals on shift
- Free on site parking
- Free uniform provided
- NEST pension contribution and Life insurance
- Generous holiday entitlement which increases after 3 full years service
- Cycle to work / Refer a friend scheme
- A wide range of perks including MyStaffShop discounts (save money on your weekly supermarket shop!), Nest pension, Life assurance, online e-learning and much more!
What you’ll be doing
- Youll be cooking and preparing food ready for breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- To aid with menu planning and menu costings
- Work well as part of a team of chefs, supporting one another and communicating well
- Following recipe cards to prepare, cook and serve a range of meals
- Completing daily paperwork to cover due diligence
- Assisting with deliveries and stock checks
- Placing food orders and maintaining kitchen records
- To share responsibility with the Chef manager/Catering manager for the checking, probing and signing of all food deliveries
- To monitor and record temperatures of fridges, freezers, hot cabinets and serveries.
- Assisting in daily and weekly kitchen deep cleans
- Full knowledge of all menu items served
- Management of production and food levels to ensure minimal wastage
- Act as a trainer/ coach for new team members to learn procedures and standards for all kitchen tasks.
- Undertake relevant training as required
- Previous experience in a similar food service environment
- Relevant culinary qualification
- Excellent team player and communicator
- A confident chef
- Security checks required for this role
- Flexibility and the ability to innovate
About Aramark Northern Europe – Our Mission Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. Northern Europe – About Aramark Aramark is a leading service and solutions provider in Northern Europe. We proudly support clients, partners and customers in food, facilities management, property services, and retail solutions. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what youre pursuing a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence. Aramark Northern Europe is an equal opportunities employer.