Our purpose: our expertise, care, technology and insight create amazing work environments, helping our customers be exceptional every day.
Our promise to our people: a place to work where you can thrive and be your best every day.
Our promise to our customers: a trusted partner creating exceptional environments for your customers and people, adding value every day.
Our culture - our core values and how we behave:
- We are one Mitie: we work as one to deliver a seamless, unrivalled service. We are all in it together, if we can help a customer or colleague in any way, we will. We are one Mitie.
- We are built on integrity and trust: integrity and trust are at the heart of all we do. We are the face of company. We treat others as we would like to be treated. We are proud to work for Mitie.
- We go the extra mile: whether it's keeping things running smoothly in a safe environment, looking for new ways to do things better or fixing problems, going the extra mile for our colleagues and customers and keeping our promises is in our DNA.
- Our diversity makes us stronger: we are very proud of our rich and diverse culture and backgrounds. Our diversity creates ideas and insights. Everyone at Mitie has a voice and is treated as an equal.
- Our customers' business, is our business: we are a partner, trusted for our expertise and for putting our customers at the heart of everything we do.
The main purpose of the role is to manage all goods and consumables (inwards and outwards) received for the stores, patient and retail catering and working in all areas within the catering department as and when required.
• To take in all deliveries and check against the delivery notes. Any shortages to be reported to the catering supervisor.
• Put away all deliveries in the appropriate storage areas and ensure all stocks are date rotated and checked for damage.
• To work in the recipe makeup unit (RMU) and regen kitchens loading patient trolley inserts with the appropriate food products following the production picking sheets for each ward
• Delivery of patient inserts to all wards as required
• Recipe make-up of sundry food products for all PFK's following the recipes provided
• To clean all areas of the stores in accordance to the cleaning schedules
• To carry out adhoc deliveries to all areas of the hospital as required
• Dismantle of equipment to be cleaned
• Once fully trained to use the appropriate cleaning chemicals for tasks including floors, walls and fryers
• Work safely at all times giving due consideration for the safety of others
• To complete departmental monitoring/control/audit sheets
Health and Safety responsibilities
• Follow Group and company policies and procedures always;
• Report any apparent deficiencies in systems of work or equipment provided that may result in failure of service delivery or risk to health and safety or the environment;
• Use all work equipment and personal PPE properly and in accordance with training received;
• Report any issues or training needs to your Line manager and /or via your divisional incident reporting system;
• Ensure compliance with Mitie's information security procedures in all activities;
• Proactively identify and report security risks to your manager;
• Report actual and suspected security incidents;
This job description Is intended to give the post holder an appreciation of the role envisaged for this position and the range of duties undertaken. Specific tasks and objectives will be agreed with the post holder throughout the period of employment. The job description may be varied from time to time by the Company to reflect changes in the post holder's role and/or the needs of the business.