We are seeking a Catering Assistant to join our brand new 12 bed CAMHS service supporting young people between the ages of 12 - 18 years old at Emerald Place Clinic in Charlwood, Surrey opening in January 2024.
If you enjoy creating a well-presented and safe environment, then join the team at Emerald Place Clinic in Charlwood as a Catering Assistant and be a valued member of the service.
To work as part of the Emerald Place Clinic catering team to support in the provision of the catering operation assisting with high quality food preparation and hygiene. Work under the guidance and direction of the Head / Chef's.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Assist catering staff with both the preparation and cooking of meals in accordance with the company's safe catering policies and procedures.
- Take responsibility for parts of the catering operation in both the kitchen and dining room.
- As part of the catering team, the role holder will be required to ensure the kitchen and associated areas meet operational hygiene standards and comply with the company's safe catering policies and procedures.
- Share responsibility within the team for maintaining appropriate records and data as required under the company's Assured Safe Catering policies and guidelines.
- Respond to routine enquiries from colleagues and occasionally patients.
To be a Successful Catering Assistant you will need:
- Experience in a catering environment is not essential as full training is provided.
- To partake in Elysium's mandatory training.
- Basic numeracy and literacy skills together with an appreciation of basic food hygiene.
Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Elysium Healthcare are working in partnership to provide a new mental health inpatient service for young people in Surrey in a new purpose-built unit. Emerald Place Clinic is available solely for NHS funded care and treatment and the partnership brings together complementary expertise and best practice to jointly manage the inpatient unit and deliver a high-quality service for young people.
Emerald Place Clinic is a general adolescent inpatient unit for the care and treatment of young people aged 13 up to the age of 18. Young people who are admitted to the unit will have a primary diagnosis of mental illness across a wide range of disorders and complex needs. These could include mental health conditions such as mood disorders and acute psychosis. Additionally young people may have co-existing additional needs such as neurodevelopmental disorders, including mild learning disabilities or autism. A young person could also be admitted if they have disordered eating.
What you will get:
- A salary of £22,074 per annum reviewed annually.
- Welcome bonus of £1,500
- The equivalent of 33 days holiday (including bank holidays) - plus your birthday off
- Free meals and parking
- Wellbeing support and activities
- Career development and training
- Pension contribution
- Life Assurance
- Enhanced maternity and adoption package
There are also a range of other benefits including retail discounts and special offers, car leasing without a credit check and much more.
About your next employer:
You will be working for an established, stable and agile company with a unique approach to the delivery of care. With a network of over 90 services across England and Wales, providing four services including: Mental Health, Neurological, Learning Disabilities & Autism, Children & Education, there is an opportunity for you to grow and move with Elysium.