Excellent opportunity for a commercial Category Manager with experience in Ophthalmic Lenses, who can shape the overall category putting the customer at the heart of every decision.
This is a broad role, and you will work alongside a talented team of category managers to achieve goals with suppliers and negotiate with preferred suppliers. You will also be responsible for range and promotions, store format and execution in store.
- Responsible for the category and assortment strategy for ophthalmic lenses
- Profit and loss responsibility for the overall performance of ophthalmic lenses
- Sourcing of new trend and retail experiences in line with the company strategy
- Manage the complete category management cycle including range development and the management of pricing
- Continuously review current category performance identifying key trends and areas for potential growth
- Keep up to date with current trends and new initiatives
- Ensure that buying decisions are sound commercially and will drive sales and profits
- Assist in the planning and setup of new stores, so we can maximise sales from the outset and support with merchandising and store refits
Essential skills and experience
- Proven experience as a Category Manager in a fast-paced optical business is essential
- You will have expertise in the Ophthalmic Lenses industry
- Strong analytical skills and experience driving long-term and profitable strategies
- Solid understanding of what the competition are doing and staying one step ahead of the game
- Ability to manage projects from concept through to completion
- Highly customer focused with an eye for current trends and the ability to introduce new ranges
- Work well as part of the wider business and support ongoing projects and take true ownership of your category
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Category Manager with a proven background in Ophthalmic Lenses to join a market leading business that is going from strength to strength and will enable you to make a real impact and take ownership.
This role is being handled by McCarthy Recruitment, an award winning behavioural leadership recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. McCarthy is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with, our difference is our commitment to providing a professional and personalised recruitment service of the highest quality.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
If you wish to exercise your right to access, erase or restrict processing of your data please contact us at the office and we will respond to your query.
Apply for this role now or find us online at: