Category Development Manager
FMCG - Food
Are you a creative and driven Category professional looking to develop your skills working alongside industry leading professionals? Do you have a passion for data and the ability to convert this into convincing selling stories?
This global FMCG business have a wide range of market leading brands. The marketing/category function is extremely busy and is looking to add an ambitious Category Development Manager. You will look to deliver objectives and strategic category initiatives externally and internally.
As the Category Development Manager you will influence multiple stakeholders and clients to help them grow their category based on performance and shopping insights.
- Ensuring category objectivity whilst delivering business benefits (range, space, distribution)
- Creating a day-to-day dialogue with your stakeholders so you are recognised as the first port of call for all category understanding and expertise
- Co-building a category strategy with your retailers to ensure their sustainable growth
- Building a strong relationship with every stakeholders to follow up regularly on the Category strategy built in collaboration and put an action plan in place accordingly
- Preparing and presenting insightful category stories & recommendations to retailers
- Working in advance with retailers to run range review processes across all their formats, from the objectives set up, implementation, to the performance review. Including promotional analysis and implementing category initiatives
- Analysing the results of range reviews & all other key category plans (e.g. distribution changes, share of space, etc.) and the impact in the category (growth/decline by segment, brand performance, customer dynamics, etc.)
- Leading Category Education projects internally in collaboration with the right departments & externally with the retailer's stakeholders
Category Development Manager Requirements:
- Previous experience working in a Category related role with contribution to a full range review process.
- Previous experience working within the FMCG sector
- Exposure to a number of data sources such as IRI/Nielsen, Dunnhumby, Kantar etc.
- Strong stakeholder management and commercial acumen
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects
- Driven individual looking to move up in a busy, fast paced environment.
To apply directly, please send a copy of your CV to or alternatively please apply via the link below.
Whilst we will always endeavour to respond to you, due to the high levels of applications we receive this isn't always possible. If you are not contacted within 3 working days, you have unfortunately not been shortlisted for this role.